Thread: MAF enhancer and EFIE? and other questions

MAF enhancer and EFIE? and other questions

Hi,

I have installed a MAF enhancer on my vehicle 96 tacoma. Would I benefit from installing a Narrow Band efie also? With the MAFe installed i can turn the fuel down untill the engine stalls, so it is obviously leaning the engine out. When driving and switching between factory and enhanced i can watch the fuel monitor on the scan guage and see that it is using less gas. I am basicly trying to make to most gas(hho) possible with my system. I am novice on this thing, i dont know a whole lot about fuel systems and electronics but am trying to save some money in gas (obviously)

I have a 16 plate cell with 316L stainless +nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn ( this is how the instructions that came with the cell said to hook it up) ,scan gauge 2, 70amp pwm, MAF enhancer, and i also got a 130amp High output alternator that i havnt installed yet.

The instructions that came with the cell also say to run 2 tablespoons of lye per gallon of distilled water. Ive been running the pwm at 500hz and 90% duty cycle. The cell gets warm but not hot. Can i run more electrolyte to produce more gas? No browning of water. I dont actually know how many amps i am pulling but i figured not that much because its not getting that much extra current from the stock 80 or 90 amp alternator, so im sure that will change when i put that on in the next day or so.

I would love to hear any suggestions from you all....thanks!!

Hi. Two tablespoons eh? That's very little. If I remember correctly, people with pwms usually run much much much more per gallon. The PWM serves as the limiter, so the amp draw stays where you want it to. You are practically giving the cell any work at all with just 2 tbsp.!
    To have the system stay cool when you actually start to put it to use, re-configure your plates to -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-. Sure, it will leave an extra plate, but it will run cooler, produce better quality HHO (more powerful), and more gas as well!
    Just check the forum to confirm this!
    Also, since you have the PWM and scanguage, you can set it to low amps, and watch the effect that each setting has on mileage!
    Just keep good track of what you have done and the effects/results -like in spreadsheet, so you can share it with us!
    Hey, you may not even need to install the new alt. Just test things out and see.

I just put on the high output alt. I also added a bunch more lye which is Sodium Hydroxide. So i need to disasseble my cell and reconfigure it? How to i read the amps off the scan gauge from the cell?