Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS that has gone passivation, nickel, or titanium???

SS that has gone passivation, nickel, or titanium???

What is the best metal to use?

Are you asking this without regards to pricing for each material? At my last quote, nickel was between 5 and 7 times the price of stainless and titanium doesn't work well as either the anode of cathode ( I can never remember which one).

316L Stainless is the best economical choice in my opinion. If you can afford it, go for nickel 200 if you simply have to have the best material. Although with the information on this message board you could easily build a unit out of 316L that would perform very close to the performance of a nickel built reactor.

Just my opinion.
    Havens

I know that stainless is the most economical but Im also concerned about the hex.. I'v been searching the internet for about a month now but all the manufactures use SS or Ti/MMO. Any manufacturer using Nickel?

Hex isn't an issue if you follow the advice on this forum of not running more than .5 amps per sq. in. of plate surface area. Some of the members here have been running reactors for years and not had problems because they followed this rule.

I do not know of any manufacturers currently using nickel.

thank you! I will keep that in mind. Regarding operating tempreture, what are the safety parameters? Will that depend on the size of the cell?

Operating temps shouldn't be a problem if you stay below .5amps per sq. inch and follow reservoir advice from this forum. Secondary reservoirs are a fantastic way of reducing heat and work the same way 'thermal siphoning' does.

Thanks for the advice. Can you post a link that will lead me to the thread that you are reffering to? Have a good day!

Use the search feature and search for ".5 amps" including the (")
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Thank you! I live in the Philippines. Would you happen to know if there are any builders in my country?

Quote Originally Posted by simonwins View Post
    Thank you! I live in the Philippines. Would you happen to know if there are any builders in my country?
    Go to this site
    http://panacea-bocaf.org/danieldinglewatercar.htm

And click on the “Hydroxy Gas” link

I think Daniel Dingle either builds them, or can put you in touch with someone who can. I don't know which island Daniel is from.