Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
I considered the fact that current would be added, to be as comparable to building a boat.

There's no point to it, if your afraid to get it wet!

Don't misunderstand me to be argumentative.

I don't mean to be argumentitive, but the concept is to produce HHO, which requires a current source.

Electrolysis, is a product of current. be it the current which is in the earth, or intentionally introduced.

The reaction is not between the copper, and the plates, or the copper and the water......

until, current is added!
When current is added, oxygen is released from hydrogen (breaking the bond of the two elements)

This dissassociated oxygen causes the copper to tarnish (aka: to oxidize). This is further emphasised, if there are dissisimilar metals in the mix (including a rare possibility of mercury in the water).

Just like deep sea salvage divers, when they find metal artifacts like cannons, anchors, etc, they rush to bring the items up, and then put them back into containers of water.

Below the surface of water they are for the most part, stabilized.

Being underwater, the oxidation process is slowed to a craw, because the oxygen is not free to break its bond to the hydrogen. Hydrogen would be released in this given circumstance, if the oxygen could break that bond, to oxidize the metal (which it does not do)

But exposed to oxygen in the air, these artifacts are rapidly being effected.

I have been experimenting with HHO, for nearly a year, using various styles of electrode designs, including Joe cells, stacked stainless butter cups, funnels, etc.

HHO is a hobby, but electric is, and always has been my trade.

I have worked with electricity for nearly sixty years, as well as I live in Naples FL, on salt water. I worked in elevator construction/repair for 20 years, and now am in the hurricane shutter (and shutter motor repair) business. We are only allowed to use stainless steel as fasteners, and we are required to be tested on our knowlege of electrolysis, and the effects of it. on various metal types in order to obtain the required licenses.

Salt, is constantly in the air, here, and we strive to keep its harmfull effects under control everyday!

Salt is extremely corrosive, and through the use of softer metals, we keep electrolysis in check, because it first eats away at the softer "sacrifice (lead) plates".