Thread: PWM issues

PWM issues

I hooked up all my gear last night for a bench test in my garage. I was running everything off of a small car battery with a PWM, HHO Cell, and a Ammeter.

The whole time the system was running the ammeter was showing a large fluxation in amps, usually between 7.5 to 15amps. It would go up to 15, then down to 7.5, then back up to 15 in about 5 second intervals. I think the ammeter was correct because when it went up to 15amps some bubbles came up the tube, then when it dropped back down the bubbles stopped.

Is this normal? Is the car battery I'm using too small and not allowing enough current to be pulled? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-James

It kind of sounds like a bad connection. If you have a loose wire and it's not making good contact, it will reduce the current flow, considerably. If you jiggle the power carrying wires, does it jump up and down?

@SpeedGP:
    Suspecting on an over discharged battery, try to run your car engine while loading your battery with a heavy current, to keep the car generator feeding the battery continuously while discharge it
    Regards
    xori eng

I use a 50 ft long extension cord to run off of my car while it runs outside to do some testing with so I get the same current and output that I would on the car. Just clip the ends and add gator clips at one end and a block of 2x4 and two 16 penny nails about 6 in apart at the other end then wrap whatever wires you want around the nails. I use 12-2 for mine.

You can expect different results with different methods of powering your unit, so try to stick to one that you will be duplicating when you use your cell on your car(the same car you will be using it on should be the one you test with as well). A charger, on or off the battery, on or off the car, will give you different results so try to keep the battery charged with out using the charger with the cell on.

I actually tried this two ways; Running the cell with a analog amp-meter and with a digital current sensing meter, and the analog meter made my cell perform 30 times better! It causes a break of sorts to pulse the current where as the digital one only reads off the current it senses through insulation. The only thing that changed was the presence of or not of the amp-meter.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

You should see no difference in output between a digital or an analog amp meter... both should be reading current thru a shunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    You should see no difference in output between a digital or an analog amp meter... both should be reading current thru a shunt.
    The analog is in line and creates a draw on the current. The digital is not and has no contacts or draw.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedGP View Post
    I hooked up all my gear last night for a bench test in my garage. I was running everything off of a small car battery with a PWM, HHO Cell, and a Ammeter.

The whole time the system was running the ammeter was showing a large fluxation in amps, usually between 7.5 to 15amps. It would go up to 15, then down to 7.5, then back up to 15 in about 5 second intervals. I think the ammeter was correct because when it went up to 15amps some bubbles came up the tube, then when it dropped back down the bubbles stopped.

Is this normal? Is the car battery I'm using too small and not allowing enough current to be pulled? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-James
    I had similar problems when in one of the units was building pressure. Pressure up and amps up, pressure down and amps down. You can watch the amps and gas flow and to see if this is the problem(problem with gas flow- bad generator design) . Or maybe the problem just PWM itself (bad quality).