Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: simple...whats the best kit available?

simple...whats the best kit available?

WOW...my head is spinning. I have read so many posts (even richards) I have actually purchased a unit from safehho.com but can stop it as it hasent been shipped.
    has anyone had luck with this unit and his "pure HHO" or a is it yet another scam.
    I just want to purchase a good kit for my 99 tacoma,2.7L auto that has never been better then 20 mpg.
    thanks in advance for your time
    Ice

I have exactly the same dilema.. Maybe you can give a list of the top 5 brands? Or give a certain criteria on how to pick a good hho manufacturer.. I live in the Philippines.. The only option available for me is to purchase on from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceguy4 View Post
    WOW...my head is spinning. I have read so many posts (even richards) I have actually purchased a unit from safehho.com but can stop it as it hasent been shipped.
    has anyone had luck with this unit and his "pure HHO" or a is it yet another scam.
    I just want to purchase a good kit for my 99 tacoma,2.7L auto that has never been better then 20 mpg.
    thanks in advance for your time
    Ice
    Simple answer-
    That is a radically subjective question and ANY answer you get is going to be someones firmly held and sworn by-.............. wait for it......................

.................................................. .

opinion...

Only because no scientific comparison study has been (or will be) done. I looked through the site you are ordering from and saw some truths, some half truths sauteed in a creamy omission sauce and some outright B-S, Pretty much par for the course. The plates are great and that method of manufacture is a standard for the oil and gas industry- which has lots of spare fuel to run the generators that make the massive amounts of electricity needed to overcome the extremely high resistance of these type of plates. You probably noticed the multiple times it was mentioned that their unit used fewer plates, you probably also noticed their kit includes a pump and radiator. The reason for that is when you run fewer plates, the voltage between the plates is higher which heats the electrolyte. At 3000% more expensive than stainless yet keeping their kit competitive with others, I honestly would not be surprised if the reactor only had two or three plates TOTAL. Perhaps you saw some place in their web site where they actually said how many plates their units have- I didn't, and I looked for it. Their units pump massive amounts of steam- it's unavoidable given that from a cost & electrical resistance standpoint they can not afford to build a reactor that is competitively priced and will run coolly on automotive voltage and amperage.
    The scare tactic B-S about KOH and NaOH presumes you're an idiot and won't run a bubbler with a reactor that's made from stainless- You CAN'T run either of those electrolytes with their unit because the radiator they supply is made from aluminum. I could go on but frankly I want to look at something else now. If you really want an earth friendly unit, go to HHOConnection and talk to Mike and see if he will sell you everything except the plates, then talk to a water jet or laser cutter and have 19 plates made up of .04" Nickel200, then get them media blasted. You will NOT need a PWM for this unit, you will not need to condition the plates (they're nickel) nor will you need a pump, radiator, or super duper special electrolyte. You will need a bubbler though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found this the other day.. www.evolutionhho.com - Please share your thoughts.

Ice/Simon: I am also brand new to HHO so it is hard for me to give advise on something I am not familiar with, however I do understand the principle and how to get were I need to be. I have not built a dry cell but i have experimented with the wet cell bomb = don't even go there. There are many good builders out there that build dry cells but few will stand behind what they sell ... most of them are Ebay sellers selling back yard/shade tree junk. Now this is only my 2 cents for what it is worth when you purchase your cell I would make sure they have been around for awhile and have several years under there belt building dry cells, there is so much science and math that goes into it.... just make sure there reputation is there.
    I'm running a www.greenfuelh20.com 38 plate dry cell right now and www.hhoconnection.com is also a team player with greenfuel and they both are outstanding with there FAQ and are members and frequent this forum. You can watch all there videos via there Webb sights and compare them with other builders, I think after you do so you will see the light
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Simon, the link you posted show a desent cell for durobility If you buy one of those I would make Mod's to the plate like sandblasting and change were the inlet holes are located. Or you could just build your own that would be even better than you can currently buy on the market today. "D"

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Ice/Simon: I am also brand new to HHO so it is hard for me to give advise on something I am not familiar with, however I do understand the principle and how to get were I need to be. I have not built a dry cell but i have experimented with the wet cell bomb = don't even go there. There are many good builders out there that build dry cells but few will stand behind what they sell ... most of them are Ebay sellers selling back yard/shade tree junk. Now this is only my 2 cents for what it is worth when you purchase your cell I would make sure they have been around for awhile and have several years under there belt building dry cells, there is so much science and math that goes into it.... just make sure there reputation is there.
    I'm running a www.greenfuelh20.com 38 plate dry cell right now and www.hhoconnection.com is also a team player with greenfuel and they both are outstanding with there FAQ and are members and frequent this forum. You can watch all there videos via there Webb sights and compare them with other builders, I think after you do so you will see the light
    So you run the 38 plate cell? that one looks like it is for a semi truck?? do you run a big cell at a lower amp ? this is kinda what I'm thinking...run a big cell ...like a cell rated at a much higher LPM then required and use less power to drive it ...

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Simple answer-
    That is a radically subjective question and ANY answer you get is going to be someones firmly held and sworn by-.............. wait for it......................

.................................................. .

opinion...

Only because no scientific comparison study has been (or will be) done. I looked through the site you are ordering from and saw some truths, some half truths sauteed in a creamy omission sauce and some outright B-S, Pretty much par for the course. The plates are great and that method of manufacture is a standard for the oil and gas industry- which has lots of spare fuel to run the generators that make the massive amounts of electricity needed to overcome the extremely high resistance of these type of plates. You probably noticed the multiple times it was mentioned that their unit used fewer plates, you probably also noticed their kit includes a pump and radiator. The reason for that is when you run fewer plates, the voltage between the plates is higher which heats the electrolyte. At 3000% more expensive than stainless yet keeping their kit competitive with others, I honestly would not be surprised if the reactor only had two or three plates TOTAL. Perhaps you saw some place in their web site where they actually said how many plates their units have- I didn't, and I looked for it. Their units pump massive amounts of steam- it's unavoidable given that from a cost & electrical resistance standpoint they can not afford to build a reactor that is competitively priced and will run coolly on automotive voltage and amperage.
    The scare tactic B-S about KOH and NaOH presumes you're an idiot and won't run a bubbler with a reactor that's made from stainless- You CAN'T run either of those electrolytes with their unit because the radiator they supply is made from aluminum. I could go on but frankly I want to look at something else now. If you really want an earth friendly unit, go to HHOConnection and talk to Mike and see if he will sell you everything except the plates, then talk to a water jet or laser cutter and have 19 plates made up of .04" Nickel200, then get them media blasted. You will NOT need a PWM for this unit, you will not need to condition the plates (they're nickel) nor will you need a pump, radiator, or super duper special electrolyte. You will need a bubbler though.
    Biofarmer,
    Opinion? yes and no. If you have found a product that works nicely, geez pass it on.Like Those cells from greenfield look good.
    You say" I looked through the site you are ordering from and saw some truths, some half truths sauteed in a creamy omission sauce and some outright B-S, Pretty much par for the course".. could you elaborate?

Iceguy4, We are not here to run down retailers that stretch the truth and most of them do. Major companies do that too so there is nothing new there. The fact is there in no product that I have read about that is being sold yet that does everything that has been proven to work in one unit. I doubt the public would buy it anyway because it will cost more. You get what you pay for but in some cases in this market you can really get screwed with a lot of hype. I think the best choice is to find someone who will give you good service and is confident and knowledgeable about their product and the vehicle it is going to go on. If they have no experience with your vehicle then the chances of you getting good help is slim to none. This is a technology that is still improving/changing and as new discoveries and products come into the market place it takes time for retailers to get up to speed and some never do. If you spend a little time and read (I admit it is a lot) what is on this forum you will be equipped to tell BS from fact. It is all here so go for it and then you will be satisfied that you made the right decision or at least the best one possible. Good Luck
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

[QUOTE=myoldyourgold;49902]Iceguy4, We are not here to run down retailers that stretch the truth and most of them do. Major companies do that too so there is nothing new there. The fact is there in no product that I have read about that is being sold yet that does everything that has been proven to work in one unit. I doubt the public would buy it anyway because it will cost more. You get what you pay for but in some cases in this market you can really get screwed with a lot of hype. I think the best choice is to find someone who will give you good service and is confident and knowledgeable about their product and the vehicle it is going to go on. If they have no experience with your vehicle then the chances of you getting good help is slim to none. This is a technology that is still improving/changing and as new discoveries and products come into the market place it takes time for retailers to get up to speed and some never do. If you spend a little time and read (I admit it is a lot) what is on this forum you will be equipped to tell BS from fact. It is all here so go for it and then you will be satisfied that you made the right decision or at least the best one possible. Good Luck[UOTE]
    \

MyOldYourGold,
    I 'm not askin anyone to run down anyone. I think your mistaken what I'm asking too. I plan to use this controller (E-bay #280746618968 and hisCC PWM) as they were reccomended. What I want a decent cell and system.
    AS for reading the forums here...well I have been pounding them. My wife wants to leave me!LOL MR smith...good read...richard...bad read. In spite of what I have read here I still have faith that HHO works.
    I'm thinking its between gfx1 19 from greenfield orgfx1 19from HHO connection...looks like the same cell huh?