Thread: Chipped ECU

Chipped ECU

So I'm considering putting in a chipped ECU for my car. I have the Volo HHO chip connected. How would I be able to connect a chipped ECU and still be able to receive the benefits of HHO and the benefits of a chipped ECU for performance?

Quote Originally Posted by sjrobinson View Post
    So I'm considering putting in a chipped ECU for my car. I have the Volo HHO chip connected. How would I be able to connect a chipped ECU and still be able to receive the benefits of HHO and the benefits of a chipped ECU for performance?
    You need to determined what the chip is doing to your ECU, most of those are running the timing advance and induced more fuel. running HHO is the opposite, retard timing and decrease fuel being scheduled. However, it all depends also on the vehicle you are working with, several imports to see any gain fuel scheduling had to be increased. Then induced HHO to assist in complete burn to increase power to weight sation, Infinity's and Nissan are an example.

The other way you can use the chip if indeed is increasing fuel. add a water injection system or water vaporizer to increase air density to prevent pre-ignition. With that you can run an advance timing.

I'd be very interested in knowing what exact parameters this VOLO chip changes. How does it go about changing your fuel tables?

I'm trying to make a tune like that but with OBDI