Thread: Clear PVC Pipe and fittings....?

Clear PVC Pipe and fittings....?

I want to build a system out of clear PVC pipe and fittings. But everywhere I look online, It just an arm, leg, and my first born for it!!

Does anyone know where I can get the pipe and fittings that arent outrages in price?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    I want to build a system out of clear PVC pipe and fittings. But everywhere I look online, It just an arm, leg, and my first born for it!!

Does anyone know where I can get the pipe and fittings that arent outrages in price?
    The last 10" X 2" clear PVC pipe I got was 52.00 from a local hardware store close to me. Find a hardware store who can order it for you, getting it through the net is expensive. Then again the store that orders it for me knows I am ordering 5 to 10 at a time.

The pipe isn't too bad to find. but its the clear fittings that are super expensive! Its like 50+ bucks for a 3" cap! Seriously!!

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Hence, when I build my "waterless bubbler" I paint the end cap to black, with just the tube being clean. the black acts as leak detector as well, since there's a drain incoporated at the bottom it will reveal any leak with it being black.

Thats a good idea.....I just thought it would be really cool to see everything going on inside it. But for the cost...i dont think so! The only thing different from clear and white pvc pipe is the white coloring they put in it! But clear is 10x more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    ..The only thing different from clear and white pvc pipe is the white coloring they put in it! But clear is 10x more expensive!
    Are you sure about that? Because that would not justify the price difference..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes I have done some research and that's the only difference I can find

i was under the impression that Poly Vinyl Chloride has a base color of white to grey?? are you sure youre not thinking of a different type of plastic?