Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gas/solar/hho hybrid

wind resistance isnt that big of a deal. not like theyre gonna be standing up I love the idea of using solar panels on a car! voltage regulators and ampmeter and switches are KEY. cutting out part of the roof and replacing it with solar panels would resolve, weight/wind resistance issues ive always wanted to do this but my Escape is too pretty

Quote Originally Posted by dswareagle View Post
    well as you know i drive and astro van so i have plenty of room on the roof but i was just suggesting as a possibility i would love to have one on my room and use excess to make hydrogen fuel for a car that would be the bomb
    HEEHEEheehee... If you did it wrong it WOULD be the "bomb!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    wind resistance isnt that big of a deal. not like theyre gonna be standing up I love the idea of using solar panels on a car! voltage regulators and ampmeter and switches are KEY. cutting out part of the roof and replacing it with solar panels would resolve, weight/wind resistance issues ive always wanted to do this but my Escape is too pretty
    shoot man polycrystaline is the new carbon fiber it would look sexy

One of the things on my eventual to-do list would be to incorporate my peel and stick solar panel to an HHO system. I was thinking that it could be inside my car like in my windshield when it is parked, blocking the sun and charging a battery in the trunk. Check out the video made on using it for charging camera batteries in the field:

careful dude, if you just let it charge and charge, the battery will get HOT and go BOOM!!!!

I think youd be better off using the solar cells when youre driving(not in the front window of course). that would take some stress off your altenator and give you a few more MPG beacause the alternator would kick on less frequently and not rob the engine of up to 17 Hp

ya know what else would be great, if you park in a driveway at home, plugging the solar panels into the house and an inverter to generate electricity to be fed back into your home/grid.

Just dont pull away while its plugged in

holy crap dude! just loked up those stick it panels. theyre like 1200 bucks?!?!? it priceyto be flexible

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    careful dude, if you just let it charge and charge, the battery will get HOT and go BOOM!!!!

I think youd be better off using the solar cells when youre driving(not in the front window of course). that would take some stress off your altenator and give you a few more MPG beacause the alternator would kick on less frequently and not rob the engine of up to 17 Hp
    Ace,
    When Mike is describing the set up he just "threw together" in the box, he says one of the items in there is a MorningStar "battery controller".. I'm pretty sure he meant to say "charge controller" since MorningStar is well know in the industry for their affordable lower amperage solar charge controllers. It is an essentially mandatory little piece of hardware that keeps batt's from going "BOOM!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]