Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate my cell config!

djerickd Guest

Rate my cell config!

Just assembled a cell, I did it this way.

+N(nut)N-(nut)-N(nut)N+

where the neurtals are elctrically connected by the nuts inbetween and there are TWO - plates in the center of the cell connected electrically by the nuts in the center. every other plate not separated by the (nuts) have plastic washers in between..

thoughts? evaluate my design! pic:

EDIT: i just noticed the strap I have right in the middle may or may not be a good Idea, it's like 1/4 the size of one plate so technically there are 2.25 plates right in the center of the cell..

LinChiek Guest
    post a pic pls......

djerickd Guest
    posted!!

c02cutter Guest
    The cell should work OK. Before dropping it into solution though check the cell with a multimeter. + plates should dead short to + plates, and and the same – plates to – plates. Crossing the connection from – plates to + plates should be open, or no reading. Cross check every plate to any other plate in the cell to verify that you are truly set up as it should be.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    The plates should produce some HHO but you will have problems with your connections. The Copper wires will not last the way you have them. I suggest silver soldering them to the Plates and coating the wires/solder with Silicon Sealant. Heat proof and water proof.

djerickd Guest
    do you guys think I should just go with a differnt design? I kinda set it up how I noticed smack set his up here but, i just had less plates:

http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/Smack.pdf

do you think I should maybe cut that 1/4 of a plate right in the middle in half?

I'm interesting in "wrapping" the cell in shrink wrap, or sealing the edges of them to prevent the current from jumping. any suggestions?

djerickd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    The plates should produce some HHO but you will have problems with your connections. The Copper wires will not last the way you have them. I suggest silver soldering them to the Plates and coating the wires/solder with Silicon Sealant. Heat proof and water proof.
    thats a good idea.. I thought silicon was bad for this application?

what I did here was bent the metal to form a crimp and just crimped the wires to the stainless straps I have connecting the cell + and - but, I can solder also.

any other suggestions? I can't wait to get the car going on this!!

Thanks guys!

EltonBrandd Guest
    Your plate spacing is uneven. They look "wavy". Just remember your smallest plate gap between 2 plates is where the current will flow the most. That will directly affect your amperage draw, most likely high with close plates. Run it in an open container so you can watch it then go with a new design

djerickd Guest
    I replaced the word (bolt) with (nut) in my OP above to make more sense. I've used stainless nuts between the plates not a bolt!

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I would suggest using thicker plates because you are having trouble with the plates warping even before you get the cell installed. You have uneven plate spacing. In certain spots the plates are closer together than others. This will result in high amp draw and possible electrical shorts if it is bad enough.