Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ionizing air charge to increase combustion???

ionizing air charge to increase combustion???

i know its not hho stuff but i was just nerding out and wondering if you could ionize your air charge in your air intake with something like a starship coil and wether or not this might make the air more reactive in your engine... just letting my mind run wild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES. - RON PAUL

I am sure thing this would work. I have not tried it yet but hope to do so in the coming months. So much to do so little time.

I use an ozone generator in the intake stream before the HHO injection. It works good. You have to tune everything and have just the right amounts of everything to see good results. I have posted this many times before.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

awesome what are you using to power it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES. - RON PAUL

It is made for 12 volts and draws about 1 amp and is hooked up to my system so it comes on when everything else does. For larger engines it requires a larger one and they draw about 3 amps. Check out eBay for 12 volt ozone generators. Just do not get suckered into the 4 or 5 dollar cigaret lighter ones they do not last but a few days if they work at all and do not put out enough to make a difference.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I use an ozone generator in the intake stream before the HHO injection. It works good. You have to tune everything and have just the right amounts of everything to see good results. I have posted this many times before.
    OH YOU ARE?!

That's exactly what I am working on now. Bought a 4 amp unit off ebay and it's nasty powerful. I'm trying to get a good linear vacuum source from this motor tho so that I can complete the system. Exact same idea I have based on the "water" fuel" cells that you see supposedly producing "Nitrogen Hydroxide" or whatever that is supposed to be. Anyway, dang - guess I need to get my show on the road. Just had the regulator on my alternator die in the worst way last week. Fried my ECU and killed a cell in my battery.

Oh well. Upgrading to 75/140 amp alternator and already purchased a yellow top Optima battery so things should be hoppin' here pretty soon.

Stevo the one I am using is only drawing 3.6 amps max making 5 gm/hr. Mine were shipped from china and the little fan I use to give it a little boost only draws a fraction of an amp just prevents it going the wrong way. I have also a much smaller one for small engines. It takes a lot less than you think to make a difference. In large high demand engines I use 2 or more reactors and they come on based on demand and also hold pressure when off so there is no noticeable lag when coming back on. The single reactor system holds pressure also because it is off at idle. Completely different from any other system that I am aware of. The multiple reactor system is not automated electrically yet but that will be my next project. Complex linkage activates it at the present. With your 300 HP this type of system might be of some benefit. You do not need so much HHO at cursing speeds as you know but you can sure use more under hard acceleration and higher rpm especially if you are running an ultra lean retarded system. Fun stuff.

When using these ozone generators, how do you introduce the ozone into the system? Would you happen to have any pictures of this setup?

You really want an existing variable(linear) vacuum source from a venturi line on the engine. If you don't find that, then you are forced to use an electric motor and some sort of pulse width modulation.

myold might have more info on what else could be done.

In the past, people have tapped their distributor caps for this ionized air (which is really just 03 or ozone) and had success. I can't imagine that most setups today would even provide the opportunity to do this. Solid state ignitions and coil-over-plug setups avoid distributor caps.

High voltage (in the thousands) will produce ozone.

Can somebody please explain why you are generating Ozone. I seen what you are talking about Myold on Ebay but just never herd of this done before... or maybe you all just like to have your intakes clean and fresh I just throw one of those evergreen trees from auto Zone under the air cleaner..... works for me
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler