Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well this is discouraging

Well this is discouraging

So I got results on a highway trip. But haven't been able to get anything since. My usual driving route for the past week has not resulted in an increase in MPGs. If anything it has gone down I little. I suspect my Volo chip is crap. But they were nice enough to extend my return to 90 days if I found no definite results.
    Anyone know bout this? Whats your trouble shooting process?
    I fear if it is then I will have to buy a MAP sensor enhancer and O2 EFIE. The MAP sensor enhancer I see as simple enough to hook up but the O2 EFIE I'm still a bit confused about. I have a 97 Accord so I'm guessing I will need both.
    Anyone know how I can maximize my results for city driving? I have a dry cell with a bubbler that is connected to a hole in my cold air intake closest to the throttle body after the PCV valve.

Hello,

What's the size of the engine ?

Do you have any more details on the dry cell ?

What kind of plates are you using ? What configuration ?

How many LPMs is the reactor producing ? Is there steam involved ? Is your cell hot ?

How many amps is the cell pulling ?

What electrolyte are you using ? And in what concentration ?

P.S. I edited the post because I first read "wet cell" instead of "dry cell" and wrote a lot of nonsense. lol

2.2L 4 cylinder gas engine.
    this is the cell:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160509521492...84.m1439.l2649

running at about a 2 teaspoon NaOH: 1 liter distilled water ratio. at 10-15 amps

Quote Originally Posted by sjrobinson View Post
    2.2L 4 cylinder gas engine.
    this is the cell:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160509521492...84.m1439.l2649

running at about a 2 teaspoon NaOH: 1 liter distilled water ratio. at 10-15 amps
    Hello,

If you want my advice, return your VOLO chip to the provider and wait few weeks. When Carter aka "MyOldYourGold" will sold his new EFIE, then you got a product capable of handling all the sensors suitable for fuel economy.

Regards
    Remi
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

So I got results on a highway trip. But haven't been able to get anything since. My usual driving route for the past week has not resulted in an increase in MPGs. If anything it has gone down I little. I suspect my Volo chip is crap. But they were nice enough to extend my return to 90 days if I found no definite results.
    Anyone know bout this? Whats your trouble shooting process?
    I fear if it is then I will have to buy a MAP sensor enhancer and O2 EFIE. The MAP sensor enhancer I see as simple enough to hook up but the O2 EFIE I'm still a bit confused about. I have a 97 Accord so I'm guessing I will need both.
    Anyone know how I can maximize my results for city driving? I have a dry cell with a bubbler that is connected to a hole in my cold air intake closest to the throttle body after the PCV valve.

The PCV vacuum is in the intake plenum on the downside of the throttle plate. If you have your HHO tubed in through the crankcase vent tube(not pcv) then you need to dedicate a feed line to the HHO by itself for intake feed. Or put a check valve on the valve cover side of what you have. You don't want to feed the crankcase your HHO just the intake !

By the way you have a distributor and if you take it out and elongate the holes(there not adjustable on most now) for mounting you can retard the timing by 3-4 degrees and that will help your burn with the HHO as well, meaning you will see improved results. BE SURE you mark where the two are before you adjust, use a chisel to mark between the distributor and the head before you pull it out so you can always return it to there. As well you can only put it back in one way as the shaft is offset.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

So I got some of that and some of it I did not get. Is my HHO tube in the right spot? Its going directly into the engine with the rest of the air that passes through the throttle body.

And I'm not too sure about altering the timing on my car. I don't want to go that far in fear that it will mess other things up.

So I got some of that and some of it I did not get. Is my HHO tube in the right spot? Its going directly into the engine with the rest of the air that passes through the throttle body.

And I'm not too sure about altering the timing on my car. I don't want to go that far in fear that it will mess other things up.
    Okay, your pcv valve gets the air that it pass's from the engines crankcase and inside the valve cover, then is sucked into the intake. The crankcase gets its air from the vent tube which is feed by the intake tube. So install the HHO away from it having to pass through the engines crankcase before its pulled in through the pcv valve. You want it to enter the intake as quickly as possible, so close to the throttle! See picture.

Also if you adjust your timing you will get a better burn out of the HHO to gas as the hydrogen burns much faster and at a higher rate than gas. It WILL help if you retard your timing by 3-4 degrees, some use 6-7 (retard) but yours probably wont take that much. Do some research! No damage will occur as long as you use the HHO with the altered timing. If your not running the HHO, go with your original timing. This is why you mark it so its just a 30 sec. adjustment to go back with. Try this your way then mine, SEE what you get !!! Then tell us. Or ask a mechanic.....................
    Hail HHO.

I have the hose going to the correct spot. Ill look up the timing and see how to do that.
    Could the spark plugs affect it greatly? I recently put in new ones that I thought were pregapped correctly but if they aren't the correct gap could that hinder my results?

I have the hose going to the correct spot. Ill look up the timing and see how to do that.
    Could the spark plugs affect it greatly? I recently put in new ones that I thought were pregapped correctly but if they aren't the correct gap could that hinder my results?

Never assume that plugs are gaped properly, check them. Also you should be running a Denso or NGK platinum in that engine. O.E. works best in any engine!
    Hail HHO.

I suppose if I do the timing I'll have to get a timing gun. How exactly do I adjust it to how you said? What do I look for with the timing gun?