Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well this is discouraging

How much HHO are you producing at 10-15 A ?

The stats say a liter in 45 seconds at 15 amps, and based on what I've seen, that looks about right. But I have not actually timed it.

[QUOTE]The stats say a liter in 45 seconds at 15 amps, and based on what I've seen, that looks about right. But I have not actually timed it./QUOTE]

I suggest you measure it because I think you will find it is much different. This is based on others who have the same reactor. It is closer to 20 amps or even more to make 1 liter with that reactor in one minute. I know it is not making 1 liter in 45 seconds at 15 amps.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Regardless, my car only needs a certain amount while drawing so many amps to be efficient. I would see an increase anyways right? There is a significant amount being produced.

You should be getting better mileage just by reducing the amps. It takes more gas to make 50 amps than 25 ams. No or very little gas at idle and less amps you should be ahead of the game right there. Let us know how it goes.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

This is what I am doing. Although related to that could it be why my city MPGs are not changing? If I keep it at 10 amps since I cruise a lot in neutral it cancels out?
    While highway is at about 3000rpm the electricity used is easily created.

X amount of amps take x amount of gas to make. There is very little difference between rpm except in low rpm high torque engines compared to torque being made at higher rpm and very little at low rpm. The drag on the alternator is the same for x amps in most cases. I turn off the reactor at idle and tune for only above idle. It requires a more complex system to maintain pressure when off and no leaks to prevent any lag with good valves. Since you have two reactors you might do what I do on some larger engines where there are multiple reactors that come on at different throttle position/RPM. Putting the peddle to the metal all are on and at cursing only one or less and at idle none on. That is very simply put and there is a lot more to it. I am talking about 15 liter engines or larger in heavy equipment or 18 wheelers though. Might work in your setup though. Just a thought but would suggest you master what you have going first.

Seems rather complex but would somehow setting up a PWM to the trottle postion be a solution to that?

For now I will change the timing but I'm thinking about possibilities for making the system as handsfree as possible once it is all working well enough.

The type of PWM you have will need to be worked on to do that or a special add on made. PWM's that are used in golf carts and the like you can do that with and everything is available but you have to have deeeeeep pockets. There has to be a spot that will work. I know it takes a lot of patience to find it though.

Ok, just an idea for the future.

About the distributor to adjust timing. I've read that turning it counter clockwise on my car will help with performance. Is this the same direction I want to turn it for HHO?