Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well this is discouraging

Turn it the same way the rotor turns.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by sjrobinson View Post
    Ok, just an idea for the future.

About the distributor to adjust timing. I've read that turning it counter clockwise on my car will help with performance. Is this the same direction I want to turn it for HHO?

CAUTION......... If your NOT running HHO, than you advance the timing to gain some power. HOWEVER, were talking about using HHO, so you want to retard the timing as I said, the HHO helps to burn the gas more efficiently and you need adjust to accommodate the burn of the HHO! SO you retard the timing.

If you marked or mark the distributor before you move it, then move it slowly in a clockwise direction from the top of the cap. The marks will be near 1/8 of an inch apart or so.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Oh, I understand that. Thanks.

Now I just got back from a 140+ mile trip. Highway driving averaging 70mph. My MPGs with the cell running was 28.1 and without was 28.5 with the same distance. Granted direction changes wind speeds and other factors but based on those results it appears my car is not getting the benefits. That was based on my Ultragauge. A mixture of about 85 highway miles and 90 city miles took up around 7.6 gallons of gas while running HHO the entire time. This equals about 23 mpgs combined. My car should and has gotten on average 28 city/highway.
    I'm gonna do an early oil change and see how that goes with my car but I need some help with this.

I have a few ideas as to why this isn't working:

-That damn volo chip. I hate it >.> but i've been patient with it. Possibly it is not working and the HHO is just being cancelled? My car does not like the chip?
    -Also, I use a mixture of NaOH and distilled water. I put the NaOH in the jug with the water. Could that have caused a corrosion on the plastic that would go in the cell and hinder its HHO production?

Those are basically the only two things I can think of. On one highway trial with a significant load in my car I achieved 36 MPG so there must be something going on. It seems my car does have potential.

those are pretty short term test results. Youd be best to take a larger sample and average them

also why does everyone hate these volo chips so much? thank god I never got one!!!

Theyre not that short term since I have been taking many tests under a variety of conditions. These are the most definitive. My MPGs do not vary too much. Without HHO they are around 28 to 30 between my weekly routine of city and highway driving. After running the cell in my system for the past two weeks and the volo chip alone for several weeks prior, one would expect at least some results.
    I should be seeing results much easier than what I see.

My question about the EFIE or even adjusting the timing is that running leaner would lower gas consumption anyways right? Is there a certain amount that the EFIE would save on in gas anyways (just not in a productive manner)? So how do I know that the HHO is helping my car and improving MPGs? Isn't there a risk since running the engine lean can cause problems if there are issues with the HHO or how the car responds to it?

You should really measure your production.

If you run an inefficient cell, your only gains would be a cleaner engine and exhaust.

I know the cell has to run well.
    And what of my EFIE and timing question?

Not impressed with the VOLO chips reputation as I hear it, but that's not to say much in its self. What difference have you seen with verses without it? I take my mileage readings per hundreds of miles or per tank full. Hard to do it with good results any other way. Sorry but there's a lot of variables that go into it and I'm behind on what your driving also.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

While there are many variables, with my driving habits they are actually very routine. It appears my MPGs have diminished with the Volo chip. However, thats not for sure. The car has been getting good economy until I started this project which makes me think it is the Volo chip. I suspect my car's computer just doesn't like it. I will take out the chip and then drive around for half a tank to see what happens. I'll send it back and then buy a Map sensor enhancer to see how that goes. I have questions concerning these though...

By my understanding the enhancer will make my engine run lean. This can be bad unless I have the HHO to make up for that. Same thing for the timing. How will I know that my engine is not being damaged by running lean and how will I get the other benefits of the HHO? Say I am putting HHO in the system but how would I be able to vary the amps without harming my engine?
    I'm not sure if that makes sense. Also, based on my car, does anyone think I'd need an EFIE with the MAP sensor enhancer?

I think you need a EFIE that control all sensors O2, MAP, IAT, CTS

See EFIE Tuning 101
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler