Thread: does the gage size mater?

Question does the gage size mater?

I have gotten a free piece of stainless that I am going to say is 316L or 304 not sure of witch. It is 11 gauge is this to thick for making a dry cell out of ?

From what I've researched the thickness doesn't matter as far as how productive it is- as long as the electricity can flow to make HHO. But its more of a matter of how compact and workable you can make the cell. So a thicker gauge only really becomes unproductive when you are trying to make something fit.

Quote Originally Posted by hhagen_1 View Post
    I have gotten a free piece of stainless that I am going to say is 316L or 304 not sure of witch. It is 11 gauge is this to thick for making a dry cell out of ?
    thats pretty thick but doable. The only concerns are your ability to drill through it and the added weight. Consider making a wider, taller cell so you can minimize the number of plates by not having to make additional stacks to make the same ammount of HHO. Also youll have to drill fewer holes The key to drilling is keeping it cool and drilling fairly slow. Also remember to use Weldon inside each hole you drill(two per plate, one in one out) so as not to have current leakage

you should also fins out for sure which stainless it is. There are lesser grade that will erode very quickly and cause cancerous brown sludge(no joke)

Smile THank guys

I'm glad I joined this site it is very helpful on top of all the net surfing I have done. That some time fries the brain. I am thinking of cutting it in to 4"X4.5" witch will give me 8 plates let me know what you think.
    I also stopped by this morning and got prices for stainless witch all they carry is 304 but it is 7 bucks a square foot not bad. I found a place on line that will cut 316L to size but they are twice the price of the 304.