Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, POOR RESULTS!... Help!!!!! **

Talking ** Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, After Some Tests, 50% :D **

Hi to all.
    I'm Gatech, from Colombia.

This is my reactor:

It's a 12 plate 316L:

I have a Fiat 125 76", Carburetted 1500c.c. Engine is recently repaired (and working so well).

I also have a PWM for the HHO reactor.

Some things I have to say:

- On my car, when I'm not accelerating, Amps drop down (when Cell is cold), when it's "hot", Amps are more constant.
    - When lights are on, they usually lower a little.

I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH HHO IS PRODUCED, but I tested by the end tube on water, and it makes a lot of burbles.

After that, I put the end tube over the Carburettor, like 2-3cm over it, pointing to the "mouths" (venturys called here):

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...3167Copiar.jpg

Base line: 25Km/gal - 15.54MPG.

- First test:
    I tried with a lot. 10A when accelerating. But after 1 hour, it got upto 10.5A - 11A accelerating. Not accelerating, like 8A-9A.
    Results: NEGATIVE. 12% LESS : ( 13.79MPG. (A lot of HHO)

- Second Test:
    I tried with 9A at MOST when accelerating, and "hot". I drove on highway, with no traffic (sunday), and I got 22.14MPG. Highway Baseline: APROX 18.6MPG. I won approx 18% - 22% : ) .

- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th test: 25%, 40%, 50% and 60%. CHECK ABOVE POSTS!

- I didn't feel more HP when trying the first time HHO on. If it got more HP, could be like 5% more, so I didn't feel it : (.

Regards.

Try running it at 5 amps when hot. I think on that vehicle more is less unless you totally rejet the carb and then you would not be able to drive without HHO. You might try retarding timing a couple degrees. The reactor is not the most efficient so do not expect huge gains. It will not happen.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Thanks myoldyourgold!

But, why isn't the reactor the most efficient?. I talk with the designer / seller, so I can tell him to improve it!.

If I rejet the carb is changing low and high fuel jets for lower?. I can do it. But the worst thing is that I didn't feel more HP with HHO on... :S

I'll try everything you tell me.

Regards.

You will not because that reactor is taking to many amps to make any volume of gas. I really do not recommend changing the jets with that reactor. The best you will be able to do is find out the spot that you get the best gain. You might never feel any additional power. Start with 5 amps and work up.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Ohhh thanks.

I though it was a great reactor!. But ok. Can you show me any photo of a very good reactor?.

Regards.

you may also want to replace your battery. The fact that the voltage changes so much seems to be indicative of an overworking altenator due to a poor battery which will consume energy. You can have your battery checked or just replace it and measure the consistancy of things.

hehe aceras, my battery is new :P

My mechanic says that is common on this kind of cars the problem of the Amps changes. When car and cell are hot, it became to be more constant, so is not a big problem for now...

Sounds like your alternator is barely capable of keeping up with your OEM power demands, not to mention the extra 10 A you are trying to squeeze out. Have you considered your alternator rating? You might squeeze that 10A out, but you may be overdriving the car's electrical system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatech View Post
    hehe aceras, my battery is new :P

My mechanic says that is common on this kind of cars the problem of the Amps changes. When car and cell are hot, it became to be more constant, so is not a big problem for now...
    I also mentioned the altenator. Any concerns there? or this that new too?

Hahah no, that's ooooooooooooooold, and NEVER checked. Hehe, I'll look for someone for check it.

Thanks