Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, POOR RESULTS!... Help!!!!! **

i would retune the fuel at 2,500RPM's as this is where the most benefit would be seen..

Maybe also remove the system, buy a power supply and tinker with the system before reinstalling it so you can play with it, find the maximum output without damaging your car, and also allows you to think if a new battery or alternator should be put into the car at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatech View Post
    Hahah no, that's ooooooooooooooold, and NEVER checked. Hehe, I'll look for someone for check it.

Thanks
    get on that! seem like your altenator might not be able to keep up with the drain

For now (without checking alternator yet):

I got this time APROX 25% , but was 50% city, 50% highway.

I'll try to lean more my carburettor (it's running very well now) and check my alternator. When lights are on, and cell is hot, or cold, it drops upto 4Amps. Example: not accelerating: 3.5A. accelerating: 7.5A.

More suggestions?

Regards.

What is your voltage at idle? What should it be? Answering these questions should tell you whether the alternator is at fault. I still think it is. Grab a voltmeter. 25% gain is nothing to laugh at especially if it runs good.

Hey!. I checked the Alternator, was ok, but not perfect. The Amps are similar to before, but a little better.

But...... I got... 40%
    (with max 6.5A)

Emissions aren't good, they are really bad, when I checked it was CO ~6.5 and HC ~700 with HHO activated. There's something wrong on the Timer and the HC are not constant (they jump a lot working in ralenti, ex 620 650 700 750 730 680 620 580 550 580 600), the car is not working perfect, so I'll try to buy an Electronic Timer.

Without HHO: ~700
    With HHO: ~620 (is not as good the difference).

What do you think about this?

I leaned a LOT more the Carburettor:
    The external jets, lower, the main jet, lower.

Car began to run without power, specially cold (it's really lean). When it's hot, it begin to run better. (It's only a test).

Yesterday, in Highway, I got ~50%, Not exactly, but possibly more

Same Amps: Max 6.5HOT. But emissions still are bad, really bad, HC over 650 :S and NOT constant. I'll buy an Electronic Timer to try to fix it.

Next test, same Amps, same Jets (looking for results on city).

PD: Tengo un Foro en ESPAÑOL, tiene de todo, para los que les pueda interesar, estamos creciendo, con mucha información:
    http://hidrogenohho.foroactivo.com.mx/

Regards.

July 2012:

I have worked a lot on my car. We have fixed plugs, timming, valves spaces, carbed a lot and now my car is HARDER than ever. It's really powerful and now I have results:

City: ~24MPG.
    HW: upto 31.4MPG.

I have ~55% increase. Upto 65% on HW.

It's really cool!.

Regards!.

That's cool, I had a '68 and a '72 Fiat 124 Sport Spider. It's been a long time since though.
    Good luck
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.