Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using methanol and exhaust heat to create Hydrogen

The system looks pretty simple to build, but makes me wonder what type of magnet is used for the reactor and it's core. Yes, disturbing is one way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    The system looks pretty simple to build, but makes me wonder what type of magnet is used for the reactor and it's core. Yes, disturbing is one way to look at it.
    Stevo,

Is that information to the image attached and instructions translated into English could be useful for you ?

Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Stevo,

Is that information to the image attached and instructions translated into English could be useful for you ?

Que Interesting that you mentioned magnet. I don't believe that has anything to do with the working of the unit. I believe its just there to mislead.
    Almost sure of it.

That is NOT a GEET reactor on the Ebay Sales Site.

Juiciness posted up a link to a scientific PDF paper on catalytic steam reformation of methanol. THAT is what this device is.

You can do the same thing wrapping copper tubing around your exhaust pipe and heating gasoline or methonol vapor for alot less money..The rod inside is just a steel rod to rout the air closer to the outside of the tube to be heated more eficiently.
    Looks really cool though.

That steel rod is the magnet dudes...

Yes it takes up space to restrict the air to a confined area that has to be small enough for the magnet to cause a reaction in the molecules. This is also what Stanley Meyers used in the "gas processor" to change the molecules to an unstable state which relates to a stronger detonation. I think a few on here may understand this........... I hope.

Polarity is absolute here though. Restriction of intake and the correct amount of return from the exhaust. You can do this with gas, alcohol, diesel, kerosene, even in a lightly diluted solution of used motor oil and any of the mentioned fuels.
    As the reactor heats up you can use more and more exhaust to run what ever you running than the fuel itself.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post

Yes it takes up space to restrict the air to a confined area that has to be small enough for the magnet to cause a reaction in the molecules. This is also what Stanley Meyers used in the "gas processor" to change the molecules to an unstable state which relates to a stronger detonation. I think a few on here may understand this........... I hope.

Polarity is absolute here though. Restriction of intake and the correct amount of return from the exhaust. You can do this with gas, alcohol, diesel, kerosene, even in a lightly diluted solution of used motor oil and any of the mentioned fuels.
    As the reactor heats up you can use more and more exhaust to run what ever you running than the fuel itself.
    Madsceintist,

Have you ever experienced the reactor Geet ? You seem to know

I believe that this concept remains an attractive option in our quest for fuel economy. This is a solution that uses the energy of the exaust and this energy costs nothing further to warm the birds

Regards
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post

Would the magnet have to be on the inside or could you secure it to the outside with the same affect? Much like you would with the famed "fuel line magnets".

The rod is not a magnet to start with. When you start the engine for the first time you make sure that the rod is aligned north and south then when the motor is started it magnetizes the rod. Don't ask me how this happens but this is how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiepc View Post
    The rod is not a magnet to start with. When you start the engine for the first time you make sure that the rod is aligned north and south then when the motor is started it magnetizes the rod. Don't ask me how this happens but this is how it works.
    dixiepc;
    The rod IS magnetized! It doesn't just become magnetized when the engine starts.......... ? There's no electrical field to charge the rod, and it's not a tube. It's a solid rod that has been magnetized which becomes A MAGNET. It has a north and south as would anything else that's magnetized. If it has no north or south than it's not a magnet nor would it be magnetized!

BUELLX1;
    Honestly I feel like a major moron but I tried a fuel saver magnetic ionizer once! 100 % waste of cash......... possibly the design and materials, but it made 0 difference over near 20,000 miles. But I took some serious looks into the GEET reactors and on a lawnmower of my own it was awesome! I have some similar use now on my Toyota, so this is valid for sure. I'm using it to reclaim the moisture in the exhaust however.
    But as far as to the magnets on the outside, I don't think it would be as effective for a few reasons. The close proximity to the magnet causes the particles to react in a much more beneficial way then if the where further away. The fuel is being forced around the rod. Also heat and static tend to help the process. Water and steam can carry a fair amount of static on its own, even though that's not relative here.

Quebecker;
    Keep in mind I did say this works with any fuel, I didn't say HHO, but what is it? Using fuel, running an engine, or most anything in motion creates heat so why lose the power it can create. Yes it is usable and without any interference. But depending on what fuel you use depends on the materials you will use. HHO= stainless for rust prevention. But its been costly having to have it all welded up in bends, since stainless doesn't seem to bend in a tube bender well, so it has to be welded with stainless wire.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.