Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my cell don't work. why??

what makes you think its making alternating current and not just pulsing?

so, why we use pulsed current and not continous curren? where is the advantage??

instead alternated current at high frequencies is useful for electrodes, in that way they don't oxidize. This tipe of current is used in conductivity measure in lab for that reason; pulsing the current from + to - allow the electrode to remain untouched, it is reduced and ozidized many times for second so the result is that it's not damaged.

at continous potential on the other hand, the electrode could be damaged taking always the same part in the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by the wind View Post
    so, why we use pulsed current and not continous curren? where is the advantage??

instead alternated current at high frequencies is useful for electrodes, in that way they don't oxidize. This tipe of current is used in conductivity measure in lab for that reason; pulsing the current from + to - allow the electrode to remain untouched, it is reduced and ozidized many times for second so the result is that it's not damaged.

at continous potential on the other hand, the electrode could be damaged taking always the same part in the reaction.
    You will continue to have low production if you insist on using AC current, no frequency variation will change that. If you wish to have good production then pulse DC current, or use non-pulsed DC current, but use DC- this is a basic rule of electrolysis. (You are a chemist? You should know that.) Use 316L stainless steel for your electrodes and keep the current density below .50A per square inch, and erosion or oxidation of your electrodes will not be a problem for many years. If it is financially feasible to use nickel for your electrodes then do so, and erosion or oxidation of your electrodes will not be a problem for many dozens years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

id still like to know what makes you think youre using AC instead of DC? A PWM doesnt just make DC into AC. It simply pulses DC. So how have you managed to use AC current?

ok, I have not explained well:
    i'm using a pwm, so dc pulsed.

but, i don't understand why we use pulsed DC instead of continous DC??
    what are the benefits??

i know that DC is needed for electrolysis.
    the consideration about AC is that when in laboratory, we have to measure the conductivity, we use platinum electrodes, and high frequency current, this because we only want to measure the mobility of the ions, oxidation or reduction of any species are not allowed at all to preserve the electrode and the significance measurement.
    when we make an amperometric measurement, after the measuremente at the right voltage (to have the analyte redox reaction) , we pulse the potential at the higher and lower values until the electrode reduces or oxidize, to clean it an reactivate his surface.

so, a similar can be useful for our electrodes or not?

can someone tell me what's about the wet tubular cell and a kind of resonance that makes the electrolysis more efficient??

such like this

http://www.linux-host.org/energy/buerger1.htm

or the stanley meyer project

I don't understand why we use pulsed DC instead of continous DC?? What are the benefits??

By being able to control the duty cycle, it becomes possible to keep the reactor from overheating, it also serves as a mechanism to control gas production for fine tuning output to rpm and load.

We pulse the potential at the higher and lower values until the electrode reduces or oxidizes, to clean it an reactivate its surface. So, can a similar action be useful for our electrodes or not?

No, our electrodes are much heavier than what you are using in the lab, are made of 316L stainless steel, and would leach hexavalent chromium into the electrolyte if driven that hard.

Can someone tell me about the wet tubular cell and a kind of resonance that makes the electrolysis more efficient??
    Like this... http://www.linux-host.org/energy/buerger1.htm
    Supposedly some experimenters have been able to increase production by 400 - 600% by causing their reactors to resonate by virtue of its design and current frequency. The link you provided above advises the reader in two different places that the information contained therein may well be fraudulent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok, really thanks for your answers!!

Quote Originally Posted by jocvtrhythgd View Post
    but was not able to find the resonance one, how can i do??Herve Leger Outlet
    Karen Millen Dresses
    Longchamp Le Pliage Medium
    Tiffany & Co Bracelets
    louis vuitton For Women
    Herve Leger Wholesale
    and the hho production was really limitate only at 100% of Amps i could see some little bubbles only from the charged plates, nothing from the neutral ones... WHY??
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what the hell are all these links in your posts?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what the hell are all these links in your posts?!?!?!
    Maybe thats why his cell don't work.....