Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ok guys finally starting my first dry cell

ok guys finally starting my first dry cell

plates are here and gaskets are being cut unfortunately by hand with a razorblade will sand the plates this weekend

missing my ends tho how much is some hdpe 1 ince thick gonna cost me?does it have to be an inch thick?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES. - RON PAUL

ok now just have to drill holes and find end plates might go for some plexi for now these are 7x3 16ga 316L plates and 3/32 neoprene gaskets

You can get by with the Walmart cutting boards (cheap) if you use a 1/4" steel plate perimeter reinforcement about an inch wide. It works well and looks rather cool...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a good source: http://www.thecuttingboardfactory.co...gory_Code=3WSA

As is this: http://www.tapplastics.com/

Will you be sandblasting your plates? I would and will be once I upgrade mine to dual stack very soon.

i will check out the cutting boards thats not a bad idea...sounds cheap

and i will be sanding them 3 or 4 ways and im going to upgrade to a 2 13 [late stack setup eventually but funds are low and i dont want to buy more gasket material yet

so once its finished it will be -NNNNN+NNNNN-|-NNNNN+NNNNN- no holes in the positive plate 1/4T x 3/8W holes on bottom alternating sides for water in and 3/8T x 1/2W holes on top alternating sides for gas out

Is there not someone close to you that could sandblast your plates fo you?

New here.

Hi Guys.
    I'm totally new to this, and would like some advice/help if you can please.

Do the center of the plates not have tobe cut like the gaskets you are using?
    I am trying to visualize where the water goes in and where the hho gas comes out, in a dry cell configuration. Or more so the area where the HHO is formed.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hhocivic View Post
    Hi Guys.
    I'm totally new to this, and would like some advice/help if you can please.

Do the center of the plates not have tobe cut like the gaskets you are using?
    I am trying to visualize where the water goes in and where the hho gas comes out, in a dry cell configuration. Or more so the area where the HHO is formed.
    Thanks
    imagine a sandwich. a slice of steel lets say 6" by 6"
    now imagine a gasket on top of that also 6" by 6" but missing all but the other edge by maybe 1/2"
    put another sheet of steel 6" by 6" on top of that. What you would have would be 2 plates and one gasket seperating them. Now you need a place for electrolyte to flow in via a single hole toward the bottom of EACH plate and a hole for gasses to escape via a hole in EACH plate toward the top. continue builing your sandwich and you can make a larger generator. the space in between each sheet of steel allows space for HHO production. The gap between steel plates is from the gasket holding a gap between plates but only around the edges

Well let us know when you get to the cleansing and conditioning part if you need some pointers. I would definitely make sure to wipe the plates down with alcohol or pure acetone to get those finger prints off. Congrats on your project's commencement.