Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ok guys finally starting my first dry cell

this stuff is tough

tried drilling holes this morning and damn it ate my bit up

any tips for drilling this stuff? i guess just start with a small bit and work my way up

and im a dumbass. i was cutting up my 1/2 in hdpe cutting board and forgot to leave and inch on both sides for the widthwise cut so not i can put bolts on the sides hopefully it wont leak in the meantime until i get some more suitable material for the ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES. - RON PAUL

You need a drillpress to drill those holes. Make sure to clamp the plates first! Also use machine oil and go slow. 16 guage will be tough with a small drillpress.

yeah im using a big drill press and my bit lit the plates up quick also i was trying to cut my corners off with metal sheers and it took all the "ass" i had to cut it so i suppose that in the morning i will break out the cutting wheel and go slow

Some years ago when I first started futsing with HHO I drilled a number of 18 and 20 gauge plates. It was no fun and and took a lot of time even with my large drill press. I found a local metal shop that had a punch press and the right size punch and die. Even though there was a minimum charge because the job only took 10 to 15 minutes(1 hour minimum) to do it was much cheaper in the long run if my time was worth even a dime an hour not to mention the drills but including the drill sharpening time. The drill doctor really came in handy. There was no distortion except in a couple pieces which was easy to fix.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

1. Sharp bits. Drill bit sharpeners help here
    2. Go SLOOOOW. Heat DESTROYS bits and warps metal
    3. Keep it COOL. I started using ice cubes instead of cutting oil with great results

titanium bits are very good and spit works well as a coolant unfortunately im a jackass and on the last hole i had to drill,the plate got caught in the bit and spun the plate and fileted my hand open like a fish... probably should of had stitches but i cleaned it out( which took all the will i had hold it open and clean it out)and then taped it shut with lots of ointment so i should have listened when you said "clamp your plates"

so thats a lesson learned. safety first.because having ur hand cut open by something that is not sharp does not feel too good...

Ah Grasshoppah, Confucius say "Lesson learned in pain never forgotten"
    Unless you are current, go get a tetanus shot... -for next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Confucius say "man who go to sleep with itchy butthole, wake up with stinky finger"

haha nah i wrecked my bike a few years ago and got one so im good for anoter few years in the tetanus dept. so the hose barbs i got have an outside diameter of just over 1/2 inch at the threads how big should my holes be before i try to tap them?

You killed Kenny.