Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1195

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

Ok,

An artist I am not, **** artist maybe but that's another story from my younger days in the pubs of dear old England.

Here's my diagram:

As you can see, the air intake is fed (whole) into the top of an airtight tank. As the intake removes air from the tank, air is sucked in through the air filter to down below the fluid level. Air bubbles breaking on the surface fling molecules of liquid into the air being breathed by the intake.

By adjusting the ball valve on top, we can change the tanks dependency on air directly from the filter, thus, adjusting the ratio of water to fuel. This valve will also need either it's own air filter or a path to the existing one.

If a vehicle with a 4.7L V8 can breathe and be drivable through a 90% restriction, surely it can breath through water and reap the benefits of water injection also.

Here's another food for thought:

If our vehicles can get by with much less access to air, will this also lower the HHO to engine capacity requirements for gains?

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Consaka Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Ok,

An artist I am not, **** artist maybe but that's another story from my younger days in the pubs of dear old England.

Here's my diagram:

As you can see, the air intake is fed (whole) into the top of an airtight tank. As the intake removes air from the tank, air is sucked in through the air filter to down below the fluid level. Air bubbles breaking on the surface fling molecules of liquid into the air being breathed by the intake.

By adjusting the ball valve on top, we can change the tanks dependency on air directly from the filter, thus, adjusting the ratio of water to fuel. This valve will also need either it's own air filter or a path to the existing one.

If a vehicle with a 4.7L V8 can breathe and be drivable through a 90% restriction, surely it can breath through water and reap the benefits of water injection also.

Here's another food for thought:

If our vehicles can get by with much less access to air, will this also lower the HHO to engine capacity requirements for gains?

Russ.
    That type of water system would make its own restriction.. I doubt you would need the other tape restriction. Also you might consider going for smaller bubbles by making the bubbles go through some sort of mesh. Smaller bubbles means more moisture.

I doubt that you can still locate one but the old 50's car ran an oil bath filter that forced the air through oil and that would work the same way with water. They used a metal mesh made of aluminum or stainless to remove the oil from the air as it left the oil bath.

The idea definitely needs some tuning, I'm thinking that if the area above the bath is large enough and the tubing wide enough, there shouldn't be too much of a restriction in place. I suppose it all comes down to how fast nature will fix a vacuum.

After a thorough test, I can conclude that the air restriction technique did not work on my Ram:

311.4 miles / 18.601 gallons = 16.741035 mpg

It looks like my earlier results were tainted by such a small mileage sample.

Russ.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    After a thorough test, I can conclude that the air restriction technique did not work on my Ram:

311.4 miles / 18.601 gallons = 16.741035 mpg

It looks like my earlier results were tainted by such a small mileage sample.

Russ.
    Russ,

Good data, and I am sorry that it did not work for you.

That is disappointing but really not surprising.

You are wise to look for effects first; as you have previously indicated.

The fact, that 90% restriction gave no effect to your idle, made me doubtful about increasing MPG in you vehicle.

To others who may wish to try air restriction; tape off 60% and reset your computer.

If it does not idle well, you are in luck.

Your ECU 'sees' the difference.

Cut back on the restriction until it idles OK.

I can almost guarantee increased MPG.

Russ, plan B?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Russ,

The fact, that 90% restriction gave no effect to your idle, made me doubtful about increasing MPG in you vehicle.

To others who may wish to try air restriction; tape off 60% and reset your computer.

Russ, plan B?

BoyntonStu
    Stu,

I'd like to take some time, probably Friday morning, and block off my whole intake. I will then slowly remove tiny amounts of the restriction until the engine idles. I'd be interested to see if this makes any difference.

Russ.

Consaka Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Russ,

Russ, plan B?

BoyntonStu
    Im a bit fuzzy on the logic. Whats the theory behind this restriction?

-Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I ordered the check valves yesterday and received them today. Everyone wants to ship air to Alaska and charge a fortune!

The problem is that in my haste to order them I ordered 3/16 instead of 3/8. Now I have 10 3/16 check valves that I can not use. They seem to be much better than the normal reed kind that most are using. 1 psi cracking and absolutely no way to blow back the other direction. Now after looking again they do not make this particular check valve with 3/8" nipples. They stop at 1/4. I did find one that has 3/8 nipples and ordered 2 of them today. Mcmaster Carr seems to have the best selection I can find. Here is the link if anyone that uses 1/4" tubing wants to try one. They seem buch better to me.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#6079t55

Larry
    Could you share the McMaster Carr part number for the 3/8 valve?

thanks

I haven't made any posts in a while as I haven't had a lot of time for experimenting, so I thought I would post a summary of the things I am currently working on:

Dynamic MAP Enhancer Circuit

I'm still working out some teething problems in the circuits MOSFET's, although I'm considering curing this issue by dropping them altogether in favour of a slightly different (and cheaper) method.

Rebuild of the Monster Cell Mk2

I've removed my cell, PWM and wiring from my truck altogether. I'm going to rebuild the cell in order to add some extra gas exits in the center partition. The cell will be going back into my truck in the same position that the old air filter box used to occupy. I will also need to design a new reservoir that will fit above the cell.

MX068 PWM Modifications

I recently completed adding a current sensing circuit to my MX068 PWM, but have yet to test it.

Production of Pure Hydrogen on demand without Electrolysis

I have been researching and experimenting with methods for creating hydrogen from aluminum, water and sodium hydroxide. This is not new technology, far from it, but has downsides in that the reaction cannot be started and stopped easily on demand. I believe I have designed a method for this kind of hydrogen production at high LPM outputs and with the ability to stop / start as easily as a traditional electrolysis cell. Once my ordered parts have arrived and I've completed construction I will know more, I don't want to release too much information for now as this can be a dangerous chemical process if uncontrolled. Imagine, 3 to 4 LPM of hydrogen at approximately 1 amp of power.

As you can see, I have plenty on my 'todo' list. Hopefully, I will have more free time to work on these items and reports progress soon.

Russ.