Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    No, My holes are both at the top and bottom all aligned. If I had really thought it through thourally enough I would have had the holes on opposite sides if the plates and then protected them from current leakage. The Plasti Dip is working great so far. But with every failure and success I keep thinking of better ways to do this. At the local plastic shop where I bought the HDPE for my end plates he performs another service. The HDPE I bought was scrap from larger sheets he builds HDPE tanks with. In assembling the tanks he cuts sides tops and bottoms out of 4' X 10" sheets of HDPE. He has a hot air welder and HDPE rods. He uses the 800 degree air stream from his plastic welder to weld the HDPE tanks together. I am wondering if he could use the HDPE rods and the hot air welder to melt some HDPE around the holes and coat the hole centers with a thin layer of HDPE. Effectively making a thin HDPE grommet through and around the holes. If it would work it would last forever. Just another crazy thought that will hold me up getting my cell in my truck even longer.
    larry, do you mean using a thin layer of HDPE in place of the tool dip??that would be sweet... i wonder how well it will stick to the stainless.. and if so how long it will last...

mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

guys.. this reminds me of something here...

follow me for a second..

basically we're getting current leakage through the bottom holes.. larry has found a way to minimize this to a great extent with the tool dip... Shane is talking about a way to use a 'plug' that's larger than the hole on opposing plates, etc...

BUT.. we forget something important.. Stu has already alleviated this dilemma for us with the amoeba cell.. there's no bottom hole. just a hole in the top for refilling and for gas out. He use a check valve on the input side to keep the flow going the right way... we could add to this with the tool dip on a bear claw and VOILA... there shoule be NO current leakage.. ??

or is this different in principle..(man.. if i had my plates i'd try some MMW tests with no bottom hole and bear claw dipped around the top one)
    mike

Just wanted to show everyone that my new cell (destined for my Ram) is taking shape:

50 plate cell taking shape!

I've reduced the design to 50 plates (with a 6 neutral setup), my reason for this is that I can go ahead and put this cell in my truck, yet, retain enough plates to have a test cell indoors. The 50 plate does not currently have anything incorporated to increase efficiency from our recent ideas, the positive and negatives are on opposing sides, however, this was more for build strength than anything else.

Once we've built some good techniques to improve efficiency, I can remove the 50 plate cell and rebuild it accordingly.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Russ that thing is a MONSTER...

I hope it does what you need it to.

mike

Mike,

Thanks!

If it doesn't, I'll eat it.

And, btw, it's currently bubbling away at 12v and 2-3 amps in my spare room.

Russ.

Nice looking cell Russ. Have you hooked it up yet? I am anxiously awaiting your results. I know that I am going to need that many plates in my cell as well and also would like to tighten up the spacing using the shower pan liner as you do. My fear has always been that with a huge plate stack that tight of spacing would make it difficult to fill. No reason to think that just a fear of mine. I have not wanted to take the time to cut all those gaskets by hand and try it. I am glad you are. I think I need to tighten up the spacing like you have to get 6 n plates to run. Hope to see you get the 4+ liters per minute that you are after.

Gasket Material

Russ, What is it exactly that you are using for gaskets. From what I remember it was shower pan liner from Lowes at .040. It that correct? I am seriously wanting a thinner gasket than the .0625 that I am running. It compresses down to .050 but I would like to get the spacing a little tighter. I went to the local lowes and the shower pan liner they sell here is 4mm thick what i am using now is 1.5mm thick. 4mm is .157 inch and I can clearly see from the picture that your spacing is no where near that thick. In fact your spacing looks very close. Just what I am looking for.

Larry

Never mind Russ, I found it if it is the gray PVC sheeting. I will wait and see how yours performs before cutting all those gaskets again.

Larry,

Yup, its the gray pvc shower pan liner. You can buy a whole huge pack of it for about $26.

The cell has been plumbed into my test bench and running of 12 volts since early this afternoon. Water is still crystal clear.

Will publish some figures as soon as I feel she is run in properly.

Russ.

That's a really good looking cell Russ. Can't wait to hear the numbers on it. How long are you going to let it run at low amps?