Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1195

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

Jds_Jeep Guest

Newbie needs help with 2002 Durango

Ok you guys have me hooked I have spent the last three days digesting this thread read almost every word and I am grateful for the mistakes you have saved me before I begin my experiment on my 2002 Dodge Durango 4.7L similar to Painless. I am more of the get er done type so to that end if I understand the thread correctly SmartScareCrow is selling some units that could get me started reasonably priced? If so how do i get one? Dont get me wrong Painless after reading your painless post I do not want to know what painful is like. My goal is to get up and running and be able to measure and post results. Perhaps my research will help painless with his pursuit and possibly others since I have the same engine. I hope the electronics are not as difficult.

If you're looking for a cell with a good reputation that 'just works', get yourself an EBN drycell setup from http://www.energybuildersnetwork.com/ (SmartScarecrow's people). You should shoot for something that will give you 5 LPM and upwards.

I can help you out with the electronics once you've gotten the cell installed and evaluated.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Jds_Jeep Guest
    Painless,

The like to engergy builders network does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jds_Jeep View Post
    Painless,

The like to engergy builders network does not work.
    Looks like there site is down at the moment, give it a try later.

Posted a short youtube video this morning, showing my test setup half built (waiting on diodes) and a solid state ignition simulator circuit built with a 555 timer and power transistor.

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Posted a short youtube video this morning, showing my test setup half built (waiting on diodes) and a solid state ignition simulator circuit built with a 555 timer and power transistor.

What are the doides you need?? I have about 30 high voltage diodes i pulled from microwave ovens can they be used?

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    What are the doides you need?? I have about 30 high voltage diodes i pulled from microwave ovens can they be used?
    I just ordered some 1N5408's the other day, they are 1000v 3a. I'll be using about 10 of them in series to get the kind of isolation the circuit needs. Basically, the diodes are there to stop the HV spark from preferring the AC circuit as a ground and to provide a build up for the AC side so the cap will only discharge when it reaches sufficient amps.

What volt and amp rating are those diodes?

I just ordered some 1N5408's the other day, they are 1000v 3a. I'll be using about 10 of them in series to get the kind of isolation the circuit needs. Basically, the diodes are there to stop the HV spark from preferring the AC circuit as a ground and to provide a build up for the AC side so the cap will only discharge when it reaches sufficient amps.

What volt and amp rating are those diodes?
    They vary but this is the most common one HVR-1X .35-.5 AMPS 12,000 VOLTS

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    They vary but this is the most common one HVR-1X .35-.5 AMPS 12,000 VOLTS
    If the amp rating was higher, they would most likely be useful.

What I do need, if you have any or know of a good cheap source, are some AC capacitors around the 220 volts and up circa 200-300 uf. Alternatively, I could use my 70a bridge rectifier and go straight DC current with a light bulb on the outlet side as a load.

Thanks for checking,

Russ.

If the amp rating was higher, they would most likely be useful.

What I do need, if you have any or know of a good cheap source, are some AC capacitors around the 220 volts and up circa 200-300 uf. Alternatively, I could use my 70a bridge rectifier and go straight DC current with a light bulb on the outlet side as a load.

Thanks for checking,

Russ.
    You mean motor type caps?