Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    http://www.huntelectricsupply.com/

They happen to have a store near my house. I stopped in today and they had them in stock. They are only about 15 cents more than what lowes charged for the small ones.

The sticker says that they are 302ss. I figured they would be fine for now

Quote Originally Posted by redneckgearhead34 View Post
    Boytonstu,

Check out what I got!!

I've got to find me some of those. What did they cost?

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    I've got to find me some of those. What did they cost?
    They were $1.83. They are very reasonable priced. They guy told me they also make them three switches wide or 3g.

Anyways I was really happy when I got them

This is ther main website. I tried searching for them but could never get an results.

http://www.huntelectricsupply.com/

I found them at this place called Hunts Electrical Supply Company. They are local where I live, NC. They only charged 15 cents more than lowes does for the small ones.
    Did you check to see that they are nonmagnetic?

There is a large advantage to using square plates, as you can turn them four ways, not just two. But to turn them side ways, drill several small hole at what will be about an inch from bottom and top.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Yep, the guy laughed at me because I brought a magnet to the store to check them.

That is what I was thinking. The premanufactored bolt holes may be too smal for enough hho to flow through.

Whats your opinion on how big and how many extra holes I should drill? Just remember the more I drill the surface i lose.

Yep, the guy laughed at me because I brought a magnet to the store to check them.

That is what I was thinking. The premanufactored bolt holes may be too smal for enough hho to flow through.

Whats your opinion on how big and how many extra holes I should drill? Just remember the more I drill the surface i lose.
    I just took a grinder to the bevel on the back, When you grind it off you end up with a 1/4" hole.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    I just took a grinder to the bevel on the back, When you grind it off you end up with a 1/4" hole.
    I saw that as another one of my options. I am going to get a dremel tool this week so that I can do detailed cuts/grinds like that. I could also just drill them out with a drill press.

I am going purchase the rest of my materials tomorrow so that I can continue with my construction phase. I will post pics and videos as soon as I am done.

That is what I was thinking. The premanufactored bolt holes may be too smal for enough hho to flow through..
    Don't worry too much about the hole size, the holes on my plates are very small, yet the flow is good.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Others have already answered that question, and I agree with them. At the most, I would drill 2 ea. 1/4" holes at both top and bottom, about 3/4" from the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    Others have already answered that question, and I agree with them. At the most, I would drill 2 ea. 1/4" holes at both top and bottom, about 3/4" from the edges.
    I'm starting to think a dry cell might be the way to go, but fortunately my plates can be used for either wet or dry applications.

Being manufactured with 4 bolt holes, to prevent any warp, or bends in the plates, the assembly also lends itself to the drycell application.

I have had several communications with Boynton Stu, about that very fact, and we will be testing them as soon as possible, in the drycell design.