Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1195

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Yes. Alternators are always rated at peak. No matter which one. The high effeciency 265 amp alternator will provide 250 continuous amp draw. It is a very high quality product with very little current leakage. The OEM alternators will always heat up at high draw. The factory 130 amp alternator will provide 130 amps for a short period. Once fully hot will be down around 100 amps. All OEM alternators will only provide around 80% peak draw on a continuous draw. It is important for people to know the rating of their alternator and figure 80% at best for OEM. They are mass produced by the lowest bidder and of poor quality.

Larry
    Larry,

Is it possible to mount a second 130 A alternator in your truck to run in parallel?

BTW I really like your approach with the OHV small engine.

BoyntonStu

Russ, Call the dealer. Anything emission related carry's a much longer warranty than stock. There is a chance that your warranty will cover it for free.

Larry
    Thanks Larry, I called my dealer this morning and didn't have much luck with warranty but I ordered a replacement for $22 + tax so it doesn't look like it's going to be too bad anyway.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Larry,

Is it possible to mount a second 130 A alternator in your truck to run in parallel?

BTW I really like your approach with the OHV small engine.

BoyntonStu
    No Stu, There is no room to mount anything else in the engine bay of my truck. With the 265 amp alternator that I gave on it now that should provide an abundance of power. I could have easily run a 40 amp device with the factory set up. Now if I chose to I could run 150 amps to the cell. I will never approach that level though. That would provide around 12 lpm. I beleive that would be overkill. It would also be far out of reach for most automobiles. My engine is a 4.0 V6. I am going to start the testing at 4 to 5 lpm and work up to around 8 lpm and monitor results.

Larry

Here's something I thought interesting that I will throw into the centre of the proverbial table for discussion:

Those of you who follow my thread will know that I'm currently running my truck with the MAP sensor disconnected until I get a replacement. The results of this are that the fuel trims are much heavier, the engine a little rougher than normal, the cruise control doesn't work (needs MAP) and the rev limiter now kicks in at 4k rpm.

Whilst running my truck in this 'limp' mode, I've noticed that turning on my HHO generator smooths out the engine quite noticeably compared to not running it.

Surely a sign that HHO is having an effect on combustion efficiency?

Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Here's something I thought interesting that I will throw into the centre of the proverbial table for discussion:

Those of you who follow my thread will know that I'm currently running my truck with the MAP sensor disconnected until I get a replacement. The results of this are that the fuel trims are much heavier, the engine a little rougher than normal, the cruise control doesn't work (needs MAP) and the rev limiter now kicks in at 4k rpm.

Whilst running my truck in this 'limp' mode, I've noticed that turning on my HHO generator smooths out the engine quite noticeably compared to not running it.

Surely a sign that HHO is having an effect on combustion efficiency?

Russ.

I am sure that it is in effect leaning your rich burn condition. While I would not recomment doing it the results of an effeciency test with this condition would be interesting. MPG's with HHO on and off. I would bet anything that the gains would be very good. Proving that the ECU is our only real enemy here. It sure would be good if someone were to start a business selling HHO maps for our ECU. Then HHO would be just bolt on and go.

Larry

I am sure that it is in effect leaning your rich burn condition. While I would not recomment doing it the results of an effeciency test with this condition would be interesting. MPG's with HHO on and off. I would bet anything that the gains would be very good. Proving that the ECU is our only real enemy here. It sure would be good if someone were to start a business selling HHO maps for our ECU. Then HHO would be just bolt on and go.

Larry
    I don't know for sure but you should talk to Mike at, http://www.fleettuning.com/ From the little I have talked to him I would bet he could help. I'm a shop supervisor for a government fleet of about 600 vehicles and we are going to give his company a try to see if we can save on our fuel cost. The vehicles in the fleet run all most 4 million miles a year. Even one or two MPG's would save a ton of money. You would need the hardware to reflash your ECU . I have a Diablosport Predator that I can flash my ECU with. I just started my MPG test after I reflashed my ECU and installed my cell that makes 4 LPM.

crewdog

Quote Originally Posted by crewdog View Post
    I don't know for sure but you should talk to Mike at, http://www.fleettuning.com/ From the little I have talked to him I would bet he could help. I'm a shop supervisor for a government fleet of about 600 vehicles and we are going to give his company a try to see if we can save on our fuel cost. The vehicles in the fleet run all most 4 million miles a year. Even one or two MPG's would save a ton of money. You would need the hardware to reflash your ECU . I have a Diablosport Predator that I can flash my ECU with. I just started my MPG test after I reflashed my ECU and installed my cell that makes 4 LPM.

crewdog
    do you know if a 1996 Saturn can be reprogramed?
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    do you know if a 1996 Saturn can be reprogramed?
    All 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles can be reprogramed through the DCL port. You just have to find the hardware to do the reprograning. Some options cost more and some are more complex but if it is 1996 or newer at can be done.

crewdog

Consaka Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crewdog View Post
    All 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles can be reprogramed through the DCL port. You just have to find the hardware to do the reprograning. Some options cost more and some are more complex but if it is 1996 or newer at can be done.

crewdog
    yeah any computer can be reprogramed if you have the right equipment. times like this im glad im still working with odb1.. I wish I could have tbichips.com make me one as Im sure it would make a big difference over my stock tune.

Picked up and put in my replacement MAP sensor this morning and my truck is running well again. I cleared the codes and performed an ECU reset also.

I also topped up and went over my HHO generator. I now have some control over duty cycle from inside the cab but really must build alpha-dogs current sensing addition to the MX068 PWM and install that. I just need to work out where I'm getting the 10v feed for that circuit from.

When I plugged my HHO hose back into the intake with the engine running and the cell pulling 60 amps I did hear a smoothing out of the engine. This made me feel pretty good! I'm going to fill up on the way to work today and see what happens with a tank full.

Russ.