Page 20 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

I performed a further flush this afternoon, after draining the vinegar I flushed with more clean vinegar and then three times with distilled water.

My generator is still producing gunk

I took the generator out of my vehicle and took it apart, this is what I found:

http://www.hhoknowhow.info/~russ/images/100_0543.JPG

http://www.hhoknowhow.info/~russ/images/100_0545.JPG

http://www.hhoknowhow.info/~russ/images/100_0546.JPG

This does not seem to have occurred on every plate, but has naturally spread throughout the system.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Question

Russ,

I am getting "Forbidden" when I try to view.

I have been thinking about the brown gunk.

I am 99% positive that it comes from something other than the SS plates.

My guesses: the sealant, the case, any metal not SS, chemical or other cleaning residue.

Remotely even the electrolyte could be the culprit.

Contamination?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I performed a further flush this afternoon, after draining the vinegar I flushed with more clean vinegar and then three times with distilled water.

My generator is still producing gunk

I took the generator out of my vehicle and took it apart, this is what I found:

http://www.hhoknowhow.info/~russ/images/100_0543.JPG

http://www.hhoknowhow.info/~russ/images/100_0545.JPG

http://www.hhoknowhow.info/~russ/images/100_0546.JPG

This does not seem to have occurred on every plate, but has naturally spread throughout the system.

Whoops, I forgot to set the permissions on those jpgs on my linux server, they should work now.

I've removed four of the plates that seemed to be generating the nasty stuff. It seemed to be coming out of the plate surfaces.

I've now had to go to -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN- due to the lost plates, at least it will allow me to try that config which seems to be popular among dry cell users.

Check out the pics, its interesting. The only thing I can think of that's different since I last used them is that they have been cross scored.
    I should also mention that in the worst contaminated cell, it was eating at the PVC gaskets.

Question

Whoops, I forgot to set the permissions on those jpgs on my linux server, they should work now.

I've removed four of the plates that seemed to be generating the nasty stuff. It seemed to be coming out of the plate surfaces.

I've now had to go to -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN- due to the lost plates, at least it will allow me to try that config which seems to be popular among dry cell users.

Check out the pics, its interesting. The only thing I can think of that's different since I last used them is that they have been cross scored.
    I should also mention that in the worst contaminated cell, it was eating at the PVC gaskets.
    OK

The plates seem rusted.

Perhaps they are counterfeit SS?

Scrape off the rust and place them in tap water for a day.

Eating PVC? Hmmn! What eats PVC?

I have no idea.

BTW My Amoeba Cell reservoir is exceptionally clear and clean.

Did you see the video?

I ran the cell about 5 hours today.

I received KOH and I will compare.

In addition I built a flat plate Amoeba II over the weekend and it will run tomorrow.

It is a bit cleaner in design and the end plates have only one hole each in the active cell area.

Dane supplied the plates.

Also, I improved the Metamucil-ometer. Many have gotten a chuckle out of it but it works great!

BoyntonStu

After working on installing the 21 plate PDC this morning I have a big smile on my face.

As I mentioned, I had to remove four contaminated plates, this left me building a 21 plate -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN- configuration. With 2 flat tsp KOH I achieved the following numbers:

Volts: 14.1
    Amps: 27
    ML: 500
    Seconds: 17
    LPM: 1.76
    MMW: 4.64

I'm really pleased with these results, I also think I could reduce the amps if I could find a better plate connection solution than the spade connectors.

Wondering now how much better I could do with zeros PWM and a full strength KOH solution.

wow, what do the think is the SQ inch ?
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    wow, what do the think is the SQ inch ?
    Well, the used plate area (inside that wasted by the gaskets) is 2.5" x 3" per plate, which is 7.5 sq inches per plate, times 20 plates (two sides on either end are non-producing) comes to 150 sq inches, if my math is right?

That's the strange part right there, all of these plates have been used before in my previous experiments (open bath designs). All the plates have a good 10 odd hours run time on them before being used in the dry cell.

The more I research the more I'm convinced that some kind of contaminant is to blame for the gunk. Most hits on google for dark brown and hho site tap water as the culprit, something must have gotten onto my plates. Hopefully, when I drain the vinegar tomorrow morning and flush with distilled water, the problem will go away.
    wow painless.,,, I've ran into a simular situation. The other day I got a leak and drained my system to fix it. Anyhow. Before I put in my koh bath water. I drained and siffened it out 4 times. Got all the junk out. and filled it about a week ago. After driving about 200 miles and got the leak my water was as black as coffee... Re drained it and added straight distilled water and hoping to see a positive result. I hate to tear my system apart after all I went through the past month of building it.... I used Lowes wall plates.. Afraid of false SS like you mentioned.

Are those ss wallplates magnetic? I would think that they would be a low grade ss. Just my opinion, don't know for sure.

Experienced an interesting phenomenon this morning with my generator:

Output had dropped to 1.5 LPM compared to the 1.76 LPM I was getting yesterday. Amp draw had also gone down about 2 amps. I added more KOH, half a teaspoon at a time, and the amp draw came back up but the LPM stayed at 1.5. Eventually, I took the amps up from the original 25 to 35, but still only 1.5 LPM.

I'm wondering if I have a gas leak somewhere, I just can't think of any other way to explain it.