Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help in assembling hho cell

Help in assembling hho cell

Hi,

I want to i install an hho cell in a 87.6cc ,4stroke, single cylinder scooter....
    For that i have decided to construct a 15 plate of 4"X4" size cut from a 304 grade SS sheet and arrangement as -nnn++nnn--nnn+....
    I want to power it with a 12v 5Ah battery of the scooter...
    Also the electrolyte is a KOH solution in the ratio 2 table spoon of KOH pellets per liter of distilled/rain water....

And my question is can any one tell me

1.how much gas in approximate is required to at least run these engine without gasoline...?
    2.How much gas can this cell produce (approx) from these 12v 5Ah battery...?
    3.Which arrangement is better whether -nnn+nnn- or the -nnn++nnn--nnn+....?

please reply...

Thank you.

you wont be able to run the scooter indefinitely on HHO alone. Efficiency is key to begin with and these cells youre planning arent very efficient. Fun project though

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    you wont be able to run the scooter indefinitely on HHO alone. Efficiency is key to begin with and these cells youre planning arent very efficient. Fun project though
    Ok fine... Thanks for replying...

Can you please answer my other questions....

Can you suggest any plate arrangement by using which maximum rate is produced ...

Is the battery voltage enough to generate the hho.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooraj View Post
    Can you suggest any plate arrangement by using which maximum rate is produced ...

Is the battery voltage enough to generate the hho.... ?
    Sooraj,
    Your scooter's alternator produces enough voltage, but does not produce enough amperage to realistically power a multi-stack reactor, so I will recommend that you build a single stack of this configuration... [+nnnnn-]. Given the plate size you have chosen, the reactor will consume between 6-8 amps and produce approximately 1/2 liter per minute of HHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank Biofarmer93,

So as i calculated volume of cylinder its 87.6cc i.e; 0.0876 liter... If so as it produce 1/2 liter of HHo per min.. can we run the vehicle with the gas only... I am sorry if my question is funny... but i am new in this field ... so i need valuable suggestions...

As i read other posts i found that 0.5amp is the best current for the best results... and if the cell draws 6-8 amps...is it good for it...?

im also trying to find the right amount to "idle" without any gas and the rpm can be increased by adding gasoline. i dont know how to calculate it but i do know that BioFarmer is right. use his set up and adjust the amount of KOH until you have about 5 amps. 6-8 is to much.

@Sooraj,

The cell you have mentioned seems over designed for that engine and the current drawn will soon drain the battery out. Also, the gas generation will not be sufficient for running the engine solely on HHO.

A better way is to have a CCPWM (constant current pulse width module) where its dutycycle (DC) is varied according to engine RPM. Say, below 1000RPM idling DC=0% and between 1000 to 2000 DC=10% and above that, DC=100%. The current limit should be set at a value where it doesn't toll the battery too much. The alternators will supply only about 3 to 5amps on small engines above 2000RPM.

You can do a search in the forum to get more information.

RTJ Nair

Quote Originally Posted by hhotb View Post
    im also trying to find the right amount to "idle" without any gas and the rpm can be increased by adding gasoline. i dont know how to calculate it but i do know that BioFarmer is right. use his set up and adjust the amount of KOH until you have about 5 amps. 6-8 is to much.
    Once again I have doubled it automatically- apologies Sooraj. I should have said 3-4 amps, and production will be approximately 1/4 LPM. The "1/2 amp" you have read about is actually 1/2 amp per square inch measured on one power plate per stack. You will not be able to make enough HHO with your scooters electrical system to even run it at idle.

hhotb- you have not said what size engine you are trying to idle, so it's not possible to estimate the volume of gas necessary.

@RTJNair- You recommend a CCPWM on what could be a very simple, small and inexpensive system without recommending a model or manufacturer that provides one that can produce the variable output you suggest is needed. IMHO I suggest that for a system of this size a CCPWM is an unnecessary expense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@BioFarmer93,

From experience (tried this on a 350cc bike) in our cities here, due to crowded traffic, the vehicles move slowly and hence the engine speed is low. This causes the battery to drain at low speeds in spite of adjusting the concentration of KOH and maintain amperage.

BTW, I have made a microcontroller based setup to control duty cycle but still researching on the effects of voltage (potential) applied on an HHO cell. The speed (RPM) simulation was done with the help of a pulse generator circuit.

RTJ Nair