Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SMITH VW Touareg V6 Conversion

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    That is cool. I will measure and stuff whenever I get home. I am going to try to move some vacuum canisters etc. around so that I have more room in the corner that I want to work in.

thanks for all your advice

sumdude Guest
    To smith,

though im new to this forum im not new to the technology. Been experimenting for about a year now with it. HOWEVER, i believe that you are not getting something correct here. It honestly would probably take about 100+ L min to completely run a engine on hho. besides that point when it comes down to our car ecu's they are all different. GM computers control the fuel trims from different sensors that say VW, Mercedes, or Toyota would. For instance, lets refer to the water4gas experiments on OZZIE's Toyota camry i believe. With his vehicle he mentioned all he had to do computer related was to simply take a pot meter and add a 33k resistor to it to lean his motor down to where he saw actual fuel savings. With my Chevy Impala that was not the case. I had to actually modify my MAF sensor which is frequency based to actually see a fuel saving. I did the effie mod- negative, the MAP sensor mod- negative, i let the car stay the way it is and i noticed immediate and a serious increase in acceleration from a dead stop. However my mpg went up 1 mile crusing at highway speed 60 mpg. On a city road going about 40 i saw the same 1 mile per gallon increase. But after i modified my MAF sensor i went from 19 in the city to 26 in the city and 24 to 33 mpg on highway. This was all recorded from the trip meter in my factory radio as well as my scangauge.

All im saying is that while you lean the engine down the additional hho gas entering you can say compensate for the drop in fuel being sent to the cylinders and assists in leveling out the lost fuel.

This technology does work. Im sure you've lit or seen the videos of the bottle rockets on youtube. Once filled with hho that thing takes off like a rocket. This gas is very combustable and it works on the engine.

What i really suggest for you to do is attempt to try out your cell on another vehicle other than VW or your results are just being biased.

Rent a vehicle if it takes that and actually attach the unit to it and see how things work out. Just don't give in like that.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    SumDude, I think you've got the wrong idea here. I'm not saying I'm disappointed with the results. I've recorded MPG increases in both my cars.

Regardless of whether you use and EFIE (Which won't work on my cars) or a MAF signal enhancer (Which is annoying because you keep having to flip a switch back and forth) or any other bolt'on-wire'on gadget, the goal of ALL of those gadgets is to lean out the fuel mixture.

I've been testing with leaning out the fuel mixture on both my cars. I'm just doing it with my ECU instead. Right now I'm testing the Timing Mod only. At 10 degrees Adjustment to my ignition timing I just this week recorded on my Jetta 28 mpg. I've turned my HHO off for this tank of gas and running everything STOCK just to get another base reading. (Sanity Check).

On my Touareg: I just got back from filling up with gas. My fuel light came on. I calculated a full tank of gas with mixed driving at 16 mpg. That's not really good at all. NO MODS, only HHO. My wife drove most of the miles no knowing the HHO was turned on. I told her it was off so it would not effect her driving habits. Blind test.....

Im thinking about reducing the HHO production to a lower level and running another test with a full tank of Gas. Again, telling her that the HHO is turned off.

sumdude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    SumDude, I think you've got the wrong idea here. I'm not saying I'm disappointed with the results. I've recorded MPG increases in both my cars.

Regardless of whether you use and EFIE (Which won't work on my cars) or a MAF signal enhancer (Which is annoying because you keep having to flip a switch back and forth) or any other bolt'on-wire'on gadget, the goal of ALL of those gadgets is to lean out the fuel mixture.

I've been testing with leaning out the fuel mixture on both my cars. I'm just doing it with my ECU instead. Right now I'm testing the Timing Mod only. At 10 degrees Adjustment to my ignition timing I just this week recorded on my Jetta 28 mpg. I've turned my HHO off for this tank of gas and running everything STOCK just to get another base reading. (Sanity Check).

On my Touareg: I just got back from filling up with gas. My fuel light came on. I calculated a full tank of gas with mixed driving at 16 mpg. That's not really good at all. NO MODS, only HHO. My wife drove most of the miles no knowing the HHO was turned on. I told her it was off so it would not effect her driving habits. Blind test.....

Im thinking about reducing the HHO production to a lower level and running another test with a full tank of Gas. Again, telling her that the HHO is turned off.
    Ok i understand where you are coming from then. Your car ecu just does and wont respond well to the hho. In the case of my car for the first say 150 miles i saw an immediate increase in fuel econ and power. After that my check engine light came on and followed by that i began seeing the negative effect of hho. Ive then made the modifications to the computer and my fuel economy and power is back up as it was before the computer did something about it. As i mentioned earlier though please try it on another manufacturer's vehicle. Even rent a car for a day and watch it. I tried it on my mothers 05 malibu for instance. The ecu reports on average about 20mpg before i hooked up the hho to it. Now the min. i connected the unit to the generator the cars ecu immediately changed to 25 mpg and that was without any modification.

I wonder if even 1/2" is enough spacing to prevent heat, you could do a double cell in that same enclosure.

why not run a flooded cell and use a reservior/bubbler combo?
    If you are adding 8oz a week, then a 32oz res would last you a month.
    or put a 5 gallon tank in the trunk and run it several months without having to fill.

are there water filters that can filter tap to a clean enough level to be used like distilled? Imagine a 5 gal tank with a fill point on the side of your car you can fill with tap!

you could use your water level detector inline with a relay to turn off your cell in the event of a leak or dry out.

did your mileage gains remain on this car without any mods?
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

Question So, do you recomend me to install HHO in my Touareg?

Dear Mr. Smith,

I'm from COSTA RICA, I have a VW Touareg 2004, 3.2L V6

I'm very interested in installing an HHO generator in my car. I want to know if the system you installed on your TOUAREG still works and if it really improved gas consumption.

I'm a little confused with some information I found on internet:

www.aardvark.co.nz/hho_scam2.shtml

Your HHO generator works with 15 AMP, will this amp too big for the car battery?

I hope you or someone else can advise me if it's worth installing a HHO generator or not in a VW TOUAREG 2004 3.2L V6. And what other tips I can take

If your Touareg generator still works, I appreciate if you can show me your battery conection and gas vacuum conection.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by viktoredo View Post
    Dear Mr. Smith,

I'm from COSTA RICA, I have a VW Touareg 2004, 3.2L V6

I'm very interested in installing an HHO generator in my car. I want to know if the system you installed on your TOUAREG still works and if it really improved gas consumption.

I'm a little confused with some information I found on internet:

www.aardvark.co.nz/hho_scam2.shtml

Your HHO generator works with 15 AMP, will this amp too big for the car battery?

I hope you or someone else can advise me if it's worth installing a HHO generator or not in a VW TOUAREG 2004 3.2L V6. And what other tips I can take

If your Touareg generator still works, I appreciate if you can show me your battery conection and gas vacuum conection.

Thanks for your help.
    Smith hasn't been seen in a long while here. Maybe he figured out that all HHO is a scam and the we are all just trying to make a quick buck off of "bunk science" because none of us were smart enough to figure out what the scientists have already figured out for us. Maybe he decided to take the blue pill and wake up the next day to a fresh bowl of Wheaties like nothing ever happened. Maybe he got sick of all the naysayer bullsh** and people telling him that his work and time invested was all for nothing. Maybe he died. Maybe he's still alive and working for "Big Oil" as a spy. Maybe he has figured out Stan Meyer's contraption and has locked himself in a deep dark cavernous laboratory where he will work on his master plan to build a water-powered army. Or maybe, just maybe... he got busy and tired of spending so much time and effort towards a technology that has been exploited by scammers, condemned by scientists, exposed by to be 100% scam by "the media" we trust to tell us the truth.

I don't know what happened to him, but if you really want to know if this will work on your vehicle then you will probably have to try it yourself. It REALLY wouldn't be the most amazing thing if it did... That is unless EVERY single person who EVER installed one of these units on EVERY car was lying and completely misinformed. Answer seems pretty obvious to me. If you do install one on your vehicle, consider ALL *variables*. Without experimentation, our world would be a very primitive place.