Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMITH VW Touareg V6 Conversion

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I've got my YouTube Videos uploaded. Finally... Here are the links... If they don't come up immediately, please check back later. Sometimes they need time to process.

This video shows the first time I hooked up electricity to the case for testing it.

This video shows me playing around with fire... No, REALLY! This method of testing in my video is perfectly safe. Warnings Included in Video.

This is my first Volume test for the HHO Generator for my Touareg. 1 liter in 50 seconds or 1.2 liters/minute. I have not checked amp draw yet. I'll let you know.

djerickd Guest
    Wow this is a sweet design!

goatherder Guest

Nice...

Agreed you are one hairy-chested MOFO for cutting into an expensive rig like that one. The design looks good though.

Since you seem to be a resident expert here, I need your opinion on this, so please take a look if you would:

http://picasaweb.google.com/oh.u8it2...55569053172706

Not to be a bother, but I intend to build a cell and I just want to cut the learing curve down if possible. Pic should be self-explanitory. Maybe not as off the cuff as the Friggenometer.

Thanks in advance.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    That design looks like it will work. Having the negative plate thicker will help keep it from wasting away too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    Another Photo. This is of the filler valve/funnel I made. I have one just like it on my Jetta HHO System. I will put a Water Level sensor on this case like I did the other one. That thing comes in handy. I never have to look to see where the water level is. BRILLIANT!!!
    Would you mind providing some more info on the water level sensor? This is an awesome idea, I'd be interested in where you sourced it from and how much etc.

Thanks!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I sourced it from the hardware store. It couldn't be more simple. It is simply a stainless steel screw.

That's all.

I had this flash of brilliance that I would drill a small hole in the top of my case and screw a stainless steel screw into the hole. The stainless steel screw needs to be only as long as your minimum water level. It also needs to be located away from the gas producing surfaces so you don't get voltage loss on your plates.

The ambient water in the case has a voltage charge that varies from 1 to 4 volts depending on how far away from the plates you go.

When the screw is in contact with the water it can carry a low voltage charge through a wire connected on the outside of the box. Run the wire inside your car and hook up a small low voltage light bulb and ground the other connector on the bulb. This light will burn dimly while the water level is at the desired level. When the water level drops the light will go out signaling that you need to add water. Water sloshes around during acceleration, turns and deceleration but you will soon figure that out by watching the light's brightness fluctuations.

This same principle can be used to activate a solenoid dripper that will slowly add water to the container from a reservoir every time the light goes dim or goes out. I'm thinking about making a setup like this for my Touareg so my wife doesn't have to add water. I can put in a water level switch like the Windshield washer fluid reservoir to let her know when to fill the Distilled water reservoir.

ICEMAN.KCMO Guest
    What about an LED? they dont need much voltage... also... how many amps are you drawing with this setup?

I have got my small setup to put out a little over 1LPM, but I will kick a 15 amp breaker.... I am going to run a little less Lye, but I would like to know what draw i can expect....

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I burned out 2 LEDs because i was giving it too much voltage without putting in an resistor. I learned that lesson.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    update on the Touareg HHO reactor.

I made a 3 part Youtube Video this afternoon to show the volume production and amperage.

It completely filled a 1 liter bottle in 54 seconds with only 15 amps. This is pretty cool considering that the last one I built for my Jetta only produces 920+ liters in 1 minute drawing 16 amps. Please enjoy the videos. They may not be available immediately because Youtube takes a few minutes to process the files.

Part 1 of 3:

Part 2 of 3:

Part 3 of 3:

BigTruck Guest
    Great job! Can you provide us with any info about your HHO delivery system used in your Jetta? Airbox or intake? Effie or Extenders? ect.