Thread: After filtering out the HHO gas into the bubbler ?

After filtering out the HHO gas into the bubbler ?

After filtering out the HHO gas into the bubbler, is there a way to find out if there are traces of electrolyte (NaOH or KOH) in the gas?

I'd like to try a new filtration method and I'm looking how to know if it works and make sure not to damage the aluminum engine.

Thanks
    Remi
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

You could place aluminum wool in a container and pass the gas thru it. Periodically check for corrosion.
    You may also use test strips used to check for acidity of pools and aquariums. Just do a before and after test of the gas of water gas was bubbled thru.

Hello,

pH test strips are your best bet.

http://aluminumsurface.blogspot.ca/2...uminum-in.html

According to this graph, anywhere between 4.5 and 8.5 is OK.

Also, you have to take into account that pH changes with temperature. The pH of an acid solution decreases when temperature increases, while the pH of a base solution increases when temperature increases. So both bases and acids become stronger as temperature increases.

To avoid any unpleasant surprises, you should keep the gas as close as possible to a pH of 7 ( neutral pH @ 25 degrees C ).

Edit:

You can measure the pH of a gas by dissolving it in distilled water and measuring the mixture. Theoretically, the pH of the gas should coincide with the pH of the mixture.

Bubbler is not just filter it is cooler gas to prevent condensation on the road to the bike. It is desirable to be two bubbler. I have a bubbler, but I have a water trap of pneumatic group. My English is bad, but if not understood will paraphrase.
    http://www.sun-bulgaria.com/userfile.../thumb_126.jpg