Thread: vacuum transducer/ current switch

Cool vacuum transducer/ current switch

Hi HHO Fanatics,
    I have just joined the forum but at no least new to HHO! I have been involved for the past 3 yrs and have a lot from self study!
    Can anyone help with the following;
    A client has a truck for installation, but wants a safety feature in the event of an accident when the engine stops but the ignition is still on! This means that there is still current going to the relay that feeds the HHO cells. It will therefor carry on producing HHO gas into the truck system and is scared that there will be damage to the truck if it is re-started! I need a device such as a vacuum transducer or a switch that will turn off the power to the relay. Any one has an answer and where to get it.

Oil pressure switch would work.

If the fuel pump doesn't run neither should the HHO production. Fuel pump relay splice.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Found solution!

Thanks for the 2 feed backs. I have thought of the oil pressure light, but to get to it on a big truck is a bit of a bugger! I was going to attach it to the diesel pump but if the ignition is on then there is power at the diesel pump , so that cannot work either. I have found a solution and can be of help to others, it is battery saver! It is an electronic gadget that measures the voltage of the battery and if something is drawing current from the battery when the alternator is not turning it will cut power at a set voltage, saving the battery and switching the system, causing the current draw, off. This will prevent the cell from producing gas in the system.
    Hope it can help others !

Quote Originally Posted by HHO Africa View Post
    I have found a solution and can be of help to others, it is battery saver! It is an electronic gadget that measures the voltage of the battery and if something is drawing current from the battery when the alternator is not turning it will cut power at a set voltage, saving the battery and switching the system, causing the current draw, off. This will prevent the cell from producing gas in the system.
    Check to see if the set voltage is adjustable before you buy it.
    Many of these are intended to turn off at around 10 - 11v, too low for a quick power cut with a healthy battery.

Quote Originally Posted by HHO Africa View Post
    Thanks for the 2 feed backs. I have thought of the oil pressure light, but to get to it on a big truck is a bit of a bugger! I was going to attach it to the diesel pump but if the ignition is on then there is power at the diesel pump , so that cannot work either. I have found a solution and can be of help to others, it is battery saver! It is an electronic gadget that measures the voltage of the battery and if something is drawing current from the battery when the alternator is not turning it will cut power at a set voltage, saving the battery and switching the system, causing the current draw, off. This will prevent the cell from producing gas in the system.
    I don't know what specific truck you speak of but most vehicles today and since mid 80's have a safety system that shuts off power to any fuel pump that's electrical if the engine isn't running after several seconds or trying to be started at that moment ! So what's your specific field of work or career?
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Smile vacuum switch/transducer

I wanted to put it on the fuel pump but the owner does not want that. He wants a independent switch, difficult customer! I have now found a vacuum switch that is very sensitive and can either be an inline or stand alone(one way) switch. Waiting for i.t and will see how it works. Thanks for the info of the fuel pump but I figured that out when I tested the current on the pump when the engine was not running.
    Another gadget I am using that might help others is a solar water pump. I have installed that with a one way valve so that I don't have to worry about the position of the reservoir. It pumps at 10 L p/min , has a off switch which comes i when the pump runs dry or gets too hot.It's brushless too and easy to install.
    I also noticed that the cell stays cool when using it.
    Maybe old news but this particular pump is better than most I have seen

Just a note here the oil pressure switch in some vehicles stays grounded/on for over a minute after the engine is shut off. Please check to make sure if you plan to use it, that this is not happening in your case. It is easy to check even with an idiot light. Start the engine, let it run for a couple minutes, then turn it off, and then turn the key right back on and wait tell the oil light comes on. If it comes on right away you are safe but if it takes some time then however long that is, is how long your reactor will be running. In high volume systems it could be very dangerous. Not such a problem in systems making less than 1 LPM. Worn out engines will not be a problem because they bleed off immediately. It also depends on the vehicle. Just be careful.

Voltage sensing switches if not adjustable will work only in a few cases if any consistantly. Battery voltage varies and can be as high as 12.8 volts. Alternators also very in output from 12.9v to 14.8v. At least this is what I have measured and might be more or less. You can see that a fixed switch might not work in all cases if it does not have the right range. Worst is it might work until you put in a new battery or alternator in and then stop working. It is imperative that it is adjustable.

Vacuum switches are great but not cheap when they are reliable and do not work on all vehicles if not placed in the right place or at all. Remember at idle the vacuum is high if taken off the manifold in an engine with a butterfly with a venturi but on a lot of diesels there is no such thing and there is very little measurable vacuum. Many new vehicles like the BMW petrol/gasoline engines do not use a throttle in normal running, but instead use "Valvetronic" variable-lift intake valves to control the amount of air entering the engine. Like a diesel engine, manifold vacuum is practically non-existent in these engines and a different source must be utilized to power the brake servo or your vacuum switch. Most diesels have a vacuum pump but some have a vacuum resevoir tank too. Gets more complicated.

Fuel pumps come with many different circuits. It will work on some and not others so you need to know exactly what yours is like.

Voltage sensing which is adjustable is about the best but does come with some challenges in the odd cases but is usually because of a poor battery or charging system which will need to be fixed first.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .