Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: connection to air intake

connection to air intake

Hello, I was wondering if you could take a look at the video. It was suggested to me some time ago to connect my pipe for HHO delivery as close to the engine as possible. However doing this has bypassed a sensor on the intake. Which might explain why i dont get much improvement in MPG even after increasing HHO production. Any comments appreciated. Jim

http://youtu.be/t_M_2T-uS18

that sensor looks like a MAP or MAF sensor. They just measure airflow which isnt affected by HHO. Your loss/lack of gain isnt from positioning.

What are the stats on your cell? more info is better. Pics/video are even better

It's MAF sensor.

Please, give us more infos

Car and motor spec,... (it look like Nissan)
    How many HHO Liter Per Minute
    Cell specifications ....
    % Electrolyte
    Amp
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Nissan diesel motor in a truck I take it?
    That would do for it if its on the engine side of the turbo and you have a check valve and flashback arrestor in the HHO line. You don't want to have the HHO go through the inter-cooler. Ask the diesel guys but I think you could RETARD the fuel timing to actually decrease the consumption in conjunction with the HHO. If that were gas, I could give you the answer for sure.

Doesn't look like there's an inter-cooler ?? What year and motor size is that?
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

deisel

its a 2.7 turbo deisel nissan terrano, the hho goes in just before the turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    Nissan diesel motor in a truck I take it?
    That would do for it if its on the engine side of the turbo and you have a check valve and flashback arrestor in the HHO line. You don't want to have the HHO go through the inter-cooler. Ask the diesel guys but I think you could advance the fuel timing to actually decrease the consumption in conjunction with the HHO. If that were gas, I could give you the answer for sure.

Doesn't look like there's an inter-cooler ?? What year and motor size is that?
    theres an intercooler, but how do i know if its going through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    It's MAF sensor.

Please, give us more infos

Car and motor spec,... (it look like Nissan)
    How many HHO Liter Per Minute
    Cell specifications ....
    % Electrolyte
    Amp
    I set on 28% elecytrolyte, as for LPM, i will have to get back to you after tommorow noght with that.

James, welcome to the forum. OK, several things here... If you try to inject after the turbo then you are pressurizing the entire system all the way back to the reactor. I did a little research and a healthy 2.7TD makes 11.5psi of boost, that's a lot to overcome and trying do so will you quickly show just how many leaks you have in your system. Madscientist, in an overabundance of caution told you not to run HHO through the intercooler- this was said because KOH and NaOh will both attack aluminum, the favorite material for intercoolers.
    That being said, you're most likely going to have to do it anyway, and here is how: dry your HHO.
    Cut two 10" sections of 2" PVC, on one of them, glue caps to both ends then drill and tap one end center for a barbed hose fitting, on center of other end drill and tap for same. Screw in both hose barb fittings with sealant and set aside.
    Obtain 2 Oatey 2" plastic mechanical test plugs, product #33401 and (1) 2" PVC repair coupler.
    Cut the coupler in half so you have two rings and glue one ring on each end of the second 10" PVC tube so that the ends are flush.
    Measure test plug depth so you can determine clearance distance for drilling side of tube at each end for barbed hose fittings. Extra layer thickness from split coupler is to prevent tube diameter increase from test plug tightening.
    Cut four 2-1/8" dia. discs of SS, brass or bronze screen, NO aluminum or fiberglass or plastic.
    Push one disc into tube a little beyond hose fitting hole, turn over and pour in 1 cup of uncooked rice, any brand.
    Push a screen disc down almost onto the rice. Push in another screen disc leaving 4 or 5 inches between it and the last one. Pour in 1 cup of uncooked rice, any brand.
    Push in last screen disc.
    Install fittings with sealant and tighten test plugs.
    You now have an inexpensive HHO dryer.
    On installation you will run the line from your bubbler to the bottom of the first simple tube to catch gross liquids, line out from its top goes to bottom of gas (rice) dryer, line out of dryer's top intake air cleaner.
    Both tubes need to be installed vertically.

Madscientist got turned around and accidentally said "advance" pump timing- he meant "retard" pump timing because an HHO enhanced combustion flame front moves so much faster that it advances your diesels timing for you! Therefore you need to retard the pump timing, starting with 1° while evaluating performance. If it is possible to decrease the fuel delivery curve (couldn't find your injector pump model) then gradually start doing that, also while monitoring performance. Timing, fuel volume and HHO volume must be tuned to obtain the best results. Need to know your year model also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My mistake with the advance to retard............ Lack of sleep no doubt !
    Also your truck should be injecting or inhaling DRY HHO no doubt, I would not expect anything but! But that was not my concern with the inter-cooler, you should have the HHO entering as close as possible to the point of detonation as possible. If you have a vacuum brake booster you can tee off of that or the fuel tank purge valve vacuum line also works very well!

That appears to be mid 90's Nissan. Has it ever ran anything other then standard diesel?

You have the typical intake system as follows;
    --air filter
    --air flow meter
    --air duct
    --turbo
    --duct
    --inter-cooler
    --duct
    --intake manifold

So just follow the the air!
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    If you have a vacuum brake booster you can tee off of that or the fuel tank purge valve vacuum line also works very well!
    Diesels do not create vacuum, they have a vacuum pump for that which does not connect to the intake in any way, so you can't connect it to any vacuum lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]