Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnetic (Ruskin) Filter

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    BTW.. how long must this sleeve be? Can't I just use speaker magnets which already have holes in them to make the device? If so, then I should be able to build one quite easily right? Haven't I heard of the same device for gasoline reactions?
    Yes your on target.

The length will vary depending on the tube size. The smaller the tube the shorter it can be but say for 3/16 tube you should use a winding no shorter than 10 inches. If your using magnets instead than you want a very narrow passage by the magnets to force the the molecules as close to the field as possible. I have speaker magnets at my outlet for the HHO from the reactor now, a stack of 8 currently, but I'm continuously changing to get the lack of power under heavy load and acceleration that I'm missing.

If anyone has ever had the elementary school science project where you took a simple piece of metal tube or thick wire and electrolyzed it to make a magnet, then you can make a perfect magnetic rod for the inside of just about any tubing. You don't want to obstruct the passage but you do want to have a narrow passage OR a very strong field(which could interfere with some signals of your reference sensors).
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    Not to be so straight forward but if you don't like to read long articles you may not get far enough to make the difference you really want !!!! I guess you just have to believe that it makes a considerable difference if done correct. Or don't try, up to you.
    ive read PLENTY. I just wish someone could definitively make the statement of what exactly we're trying to do with the ortho para thing without refering to an article. Noone seems knowledgable enough to do this

Magnets jostle the electron spin of the H atoms in the parahydrogen (and ortho) as the gas flows over the powerful magnetic fields. The fields induce the electrons of the atoms of the para- molecules (H2) to shift their orbits a bit so they circle their atoms in the same direction. Now that they look the same, they are no longer attracted to each other for a while, (ortho state) but entropy says that nothing remains constant (even though some things seem to) and these two will eventually hook up with another before too long (para state).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm going to be experimenting with different lengths of these devices in the fall, i'm seeing great results so far with the 12" filter i made. My reactor is only producing approximately .8 lpm at 17 amps and i'm having to redo my electronic controls due to the fact that i'm making too much. Maybe there is a sweet spot in filter length that will help to double the output, it certainly seems like that is happening right now. No real way to test it though.

Havens

Hmmm... no real way to test it huh?
    How about driving the car while taking note of how it performs and feels. After that remove the filter and do the same run again, checking to see if there is any difference? It's not the best way, but you should be able to feel a difference, right?

I think that running the HHO unit cooler does have its merits (as others have stated). My unit doesn't seem to pass 4 AMPS. Actually, even when hot, it didn't pass 3.5. It makes approx .3LPM for my 1.3L engine, and it seems to be doing wonders for it. Well, I do have HCS connected to it as well, but the car performs well even when that system is on the fritz.

Check out my "Perfect HHO Test Bed" thread for more info if you want to.

Seems like I am in the less=more camp now huh?

After a couple week of driving the new magnet unit setup + ruskin filter has not improved the mileage I have been seeing. I'm making .9 lpm at 18 amps and then running the gas through the 12" ruskin filter. At first I thought that it was the fact that my volo chip couldn't understand the new gas, but after driving the car these 2 weeks I'll admit that i have been enjoying the new power the engine is giving me.

So yes, the filter is improving the quality of the gas to a point that i'm feeling more power in the engine at .9 lpm than i ever did at 1.6 lpm. Can the length of these filters have the ability to double the quality of the gas we're producing when combined with magnets built into the cells? Meaning can we reduce our numbers down to 1/4 a liter of gas per liter of displacement in gas engines and 1/2 a liter per displacement in diesel engines. This question still stands to be tested, but i'm posing the question to all of you.

Larry has been experimenting with large magnets, and I think some of us should take up his ideas and run with them as well. 2 or 3 of us are sure to come up with more ideas than just one of us right? I'll be working on this in the next few months, but my funds are on hold for now as i have tuition coming up next month for the fall semester.

Has anyone had any luck gluing 1/2" acrylic flat against each other and then being able to tap fittings and drill down in between them?

another question. If im going to do this Ruskin filter, should i just make one 12" one? or would a few of them be better? is 12 inches enough?

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    another question. If im going to do this Ruskin filter, should i just make one 12" one? or would a few of them be better? is 12 inches enough?
    -depends on who you ask... Ba-dom-CHihhh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    On a more serious note.. If you make just one using the ratios outlined in his patent, a place it immediately prior to the point of injection into the intake air, it is all you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

this is cool its like a homiopathic healing practice my girlfriend uses on her patients for realigning the cells of the body...
    cool, thanks for the thread..

cause im new to hho I have a ? for you Havens you said now you are only getting .9 lpm as opposed to 1.6lpm do you think the increase in power is due to the fact since you are using less hho and more gas now? or dou you truely believe the filter is helping?