Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnetic (Ruskin) Filter

I was just doing some research on Meyers work and he used similar method only way more advanced using electo magnets and pulsing.
    Fascinating work people have ben trying to replicate his work for years..

Has there been any proof of his work?

Quote Originally Posted by reggaerican View Post
    I was just doing some research on Meyers work and he used similar method only way more advanced using electo magnets and pulsing.
    Fascinating work people have ben trying to replicate his work for years..
    Meyer's work is in question. Brilliant work cannot be hidden forever. Believe me when I say that there are just as brilliant people working towards similar goals. People will point to Tesla and his work. However, his work was reproduced and much of it went into use. The physical world is open to everyone! You cannot hide your "secrets" for long. Meyer's work will either be validated or debunked as fraud. So far, it looks as if he was a fraud. People will feel angry and hurt by this statement. But, no one has been able to replicate even the basic principles he supposedly built his devices around. There is no magic here. It has to be based on good science. It is up to all the Meyer's followers to prove him correct, and so far, I have seen nothing. And I have done my own research. And I have physically inspected several "working Meyer's devices" whose builders overlooked some basic points and fooled themselves.

How do you know you have effectively manipulated the spin?
    Besides the many peer reviewed papers published on it (please do your own searches, I'm pressed for time this evening) the fact that Simon Ruskin was awarded a utility patent. This means that the mechanism has to and does work as outlined in the application, not just look like it probably would.

How do you know the 75% ortho hydrogen you are trying to create is not in actuality being reduced to para hydrogen?
    How do you know the sun will rise tomorrow? -You don't, but you assign the likelihood a high probability based on long term observation of similar action.

I am assuming the somewhat more energetic ortho is your target, correct? Why even go through this exercise when you are already 3/4 of the way there?
    Sh1ts and giggles? Why not? Nothing is harmed by doing so.. Does it matter?

The patent linked to at the start of this thread is not one that is used in industry.
    Which means exactly what? Is this statement intended to imply that simply because it is not the method used in industry that it is not an effective method? It received a utility patent, remember? It serves our non-industrial use effectively and economically, and that is all we require of it.

It probably could work seeing as the spin conversion is proportional to the mass, velocity and magnetic field intensity. Liquid hydrogen pumped at Kilograms per cubic meter and meters per second, in fields created by electromagnets many times more intense than what you can create with the best rare earth magnets is used to . . . get this . . . eliminate ortho from the mix and convert the majority of the liquid hydrogen to para hydrogen. This is to stabilize the liquid for long term storage at low temperatures.
    Just so- a large scale industrial method utilizing electrically induced paramagnetic sites in non ferrous metals at liquid hydrogen temperatures. Very different from the Ruskin method.

How you "feel" is fine in love and spicy foods. However, you need to quantify, if you are to call this a scientific discussion. Even if it is the most basic of measurements - indirect or direct.
    Upon re-reading his comments, I can find no instance where he even implied that it was a scientific discussion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post

Upon re-reading his comments, I can find no instance where he even implied that it was a scientific discussion
    Just took out the rest, but this stands for all of it......................................

GET' EM BIO !!
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    How do you know you have effectively manipulated the spin? How do you know the 75% ortho hydrogen you are trying to create is not in actuality being reduced to para hydrogen? I am assuming the somewhat more energetic ortho is your target, correct? Why even go through this exercise when you are already 3/4 of the way there? The patent linked to at the start of this thread is not one that is used in industry. It probably could work seeing as the spin conversion is proportional to the mass, velocity and magnetic field intensity. Liquid hydrogen pumped at Kilograms per cubic meter and meters per second, in fields created by electromagnets many times more intense than what you can create with the best rare earth magnets is used to . . . get this . . . eliminate ortho from the mix and convert the majority of the liquid hydrogen to para hydrogen. This is to stabilize the liquid for long term storage at low temperatures.

How you "feel" is fine in love and spicy foods. However, you need to quantify, if you are to call this a scientific discussion. Even if it is the most basic of measurements - indirect or direct.

I never intended for this thread to be a scientific thread discussion on how my research was changing how we do things with our hho reactors. I simply was documenting what I was doing and experiencing with my newest experiment for the benefit of others. I'm not out to make money on this, or prove any current theories wrong and obsolete. Simply documenting what I am doing, isn't this why the forum exists so that we can all share our ideas and help each other improve? I don't think anyone here is out of make their first million with the greatest reactor since sliced bread, I think we're all here to help each other out.

I am in no way a scientist, heck when i graduated high school the only science required was earth science. I am simply working in my garage and sharing what knowledge i have in this new hobby of mine. Yes i've been helping family members learn about this new technology but its hard not too when they borrow your car for the weekend and get over 45 mpg on the hwy. So take my experiences for what they are, experiences from someone who is constantly learning about this technology and sharing it with others who share my passion about hho.

Havens

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    I never intended for this thread to be a scientific thread discussion on how my research was changing how we do things with our hho reactors. I simply was documenting what I was doing and experiencing with my newest experiment for the benefit of others. I'm not out to make money on this, or prove any current theories wrong and obsolete. Simply documenting what I am doing, isn't this why the forum exists so that we can all share our ideas and help each other improve? I don't think anyone here is out of make their first million with the greatest reactor since sliced bread, I think we're all here to help each other out.

I am in no way a scientist, heck when i graduated high school the only science required was earth science. I am simply working in my garage and sharing what knowledge i have in this new hobby of mine. Yes i've been helping family members learn about this new technology but its hard not too when they borrow your car for the weekend and get over 45 mpg on the hwy. So take my experiences for what they are, experiences from someone who is constantly learning about this technology and sharing it with others who share my passion about hho.

Havens
    Well Havens I for one appreciate this thread. Scientific or not in there eyes its helpfull to me and others.

here is a discovery from one scientist to another if you dont like it stay the F away..

Peoples sensitivities.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    Just took out the rest, but this stands for all of it......................................

GET' EM BIO !!
    It is obvious I have injured peoples feelings. Should I feel sorry? I think not. I came in asking legitimate questions, and if this is a legitimate site to discuss science and technology . . . then I have my rights to my "opinions" , since that is all this site seems to be.

Well this is constructive . . .

Quote Originally Posted by reggaerican View Post
    Well Havens I for one appreciate this thread. Scientific or not in there eyes its helpfull to me and others.

here is a discovery from one scientist to another if you dont like it stay the F away..
    This is an example of what is wrong here. Such intolerance in the face of lack of understanding is simply a way for the incapable to buoy their position of faith.

It looks like one can simply call themselves a scientist and it becomes so?

Thank you for your lucid reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post

Havens
    Forgive my impertinence for assuming a thread you started with a post to the Ruskin Filter Patent and another to the diagrams for the quantum spin isomers of hydrogen, was a technical/scientific research endeavor. It is not difficult to see it implied as such since the subject matter requires deeper thought than a surface scan of the subject.

I will answer as respectfully as I can . . .

Besides the many peer reviewed papers published on it (please do your own searches, I'm pressed for time this evening) the fact that Simon Ruskin was awarded a utility patent. This means that the mechanism has to and does work as outlined in the application, not just look like it probably would.
    I have done research. I am not questioning the validity of the Ruskin Patent. But how does it translate to your application? That is the question I seek. Energy is needed. The Ruskin Filter is employed in missile boosters with turbo pumps that rate in the thousands of horsepower in some applications. The Ruskin Filter employs the velocity imparted to the liquid para hydrogen to start the interconversion to ortho hydrogen in the staggered magnetic fields. Is there enough energy in your gas stream to make the collisions energetic enough to start the interconversion?

And, as an aside . . . the granting of a utility patent does NOT guarantee the device has been prototyped and tested. The USPO challenges only a relative handful of patents every year for proof. "Patent Law", byJ. Meuller, is oft cited in undergrad classes as a definitive text. I have an early edition on my shelf. She makes it very clear that most patents are not challenged. But the threat thereof makes outlandish devices unlikely to be applied for.

How do you know the sun will rise tomorrow? -You don't, but you assign the likelihood a high probability based on long term observation of similar action.
    I simply asked if you had any way of knowing interconversion is actually going on within your Ruskin Filter. This is a poor parallel as argument. We can, and have observed the sun. Do we know the Ruskin works in this application? I have seen no indication it does.

Sh1ts and giggles? Why not? Nothing is harmed by doing so.. Does it matter?
    There is significant energy gained in interconversion from para to ortho hydrogen. But the amount of energy you could gain is very small seeing as you can only pass micro grams per second of HHO through your filter. Since "normal" room temp hydrogen already contains 75% ortho, the energy gained is exceedingly small by converting the other 25%.

I ask this, because someone may realize it may not be worth the time and effort to build a Ruskin filter for this application, unless something else is happening . . . ?

Which means exactly what? Is this statement intended to imply that simply because it is not the method used in industry that it is not an effective method? It received a utility patent, remember? It serves our non-industrial use effectively and economically, and that is all we require of it.

Just so- a large scale industrial method utilizing electrically induced paramagnetic sites in non ferrous metals at liquid hydrogen temperatures. Very different from the Ruskin method.
    Actually, this is precisely how the Ruskin Filter works. It is just another method via electromagnets vs permanent magnets. And I had it backwards. It makes ortho hydrogen. Catalysts are usually used to inter convert from ortho to para as well as additional refrigeration energy to absorb the heat released.

I answered him in another post.