Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnetic (Ruskin) Filter

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Hi, I hope that I am not flogging a dead horse here, but what are you hoping to accomplish with this magnetic filter, and how so?
    Sometimes I'm slow......... But ......What? Short thread reads easily.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Sorry about any ambiguity. I know the ultimate goal is to save gas, but how does this device work in conjunction with HHO? Is it the kind that promotes the formation of higher quality HHO in greater quantities? If so, how does it do it -by way of increasing molecular volatility?

Sorry about any ambiguity. I know the ultimate goal is to save gas, but how does this device work in conjunction with HHO? Is it the kind that promotes the formation of higher quality HHO in greater quantities? If so, how does it do it -by way of increasing molecular volatility?
    Yes, we're trying to create a better quality gas with this filter by changing the ways the atoms within the hydrogen move. "Two types of molecular hydrogen (ortho and para) are known. These differ in the magnetic interactions of the protons due to the spinning motions of the protons. In ortho-hydrogen, the spins of both protons are aligned in the same direction—that is, they are parallel. In para-hydrogen, the spins are aligned in opposite directions and are therefore antiparallel. The relationship of spin alignments determines the magnetic properties of the atoms."

The patent has some information on how parahydrogen differs from orthohydrogen. I'll dig up some more information and post it later when i have some more time.

I haven't bought this article but what you can see is fairly interesting.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...60319911023500

The file is too big for me to post here, but the link below has a great article on the ortho conversion process. http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/for...sg3086#msg3086

dont sweat it. Ive seen this "ortho para" stuff a million times and noone has been able to actually say how/why it works/helps I assume its because one burns better than the other but havent seen any tests to prove it. Im not saying its not true. I just wish every time i see this, i wasnt redirected to a huge article that you would have to read the entirety of to find what we're looking for

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    dont sweat it. Ive seen this "ortho para" stuff a million times and noone has been able to actually say how/why it works/helps I assume its because one burns better than the other but havent seen any tests to prove it. Im not saying its not true. I just wish every time i see this, i wasnt redirected to a huge article that you would have to read the entirety of to find what we're looking for

I wish there was an easy way to say "Hey this just works better", still tons of testing needs to be done. If i can get time to throw everything back in my wifes car tonight i can start doing some tests again to see how it performs with the new conditioned gas.

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    Not to be so straight forward but if you don't like to read long articles you may not get far enough to make the difference you really want !!!! I guess you just have to believe that it makes a considerable difference if done correct. Or don't try, up to you.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I did read the patent for a similar device, but that one was developed for the propulsion of missiles.
    I do recall that one type of hydrogen burns better than the other, and that too high of a temp makes the better type diminish.
    To get this device straight though; you are simply building a magnetic sleeve which will surround a tube through which HHO is passing, right? This magnetic field will then act on the HHO, making more of the higher quality hydrogen, resulting in a better reaction inside the engine. Thus, power and efficiency should be increased, while temp. and emissions are reduced. In the end, you should have a better running engine and much better mileage.
    Is my take on this correct?

BTW.. how long must this sleeve be? Can't I just use speaker magnets which already have holes in them to make the device? If so, then I should be able to build one quite easily right? Haven't I heard of the same device for gasoline reactions?

I do recall that one type of hydrogen burns better than the other, and that too high of a temp makes the better type diminish.
    To get this device straight though; you are simply building a magnetic sleeve which will surround a tube through which HHO is passing, right? This magnetic field will then act on the HHO, making more of the higher quality hydrogen, resulting in a better reaction inside the engine. Thus, power and efficiency should be increased, while temp. and emissions are reduced. In the end, you should have a better running engine and much better mileage.
    Is my take on this correct?
    Nail on head, you've got the basic idea of it.

Not sure if speaker magnets will be strong enough, you'll need the gas to pass as close to the magnets as possible and in a perfect world a way to speed up the gas. This is why i used a 1/2x1/2x2 rectangular magnet inside a 3/4" pvc pipe, very little space around the magnets and its still strong enough to hold everything together.

These are the magnets i used.
    http://www.magnet4less.com/product_i...roducts_id=494

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Yes it will my friend.. We have not heard much from you for a while- are you well & busy?
    Thank you, Gus. I'm ok, just a bit in survival mode.