Thread: Kawasaki ZZR-250

Kawasaki ZZR-250

Hi all,

Thanks very much for such a great wealth of information!

I have two vehicles I wish to attempt to put HHO into.

Vehicle number 1 is my motorbike, it is a 1991 Kawasaki ZZR 250
    (248cc) 4 stroke.

I am looking at a rectangular cell setup, much like you can see in hhoconnection’s video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmXHhVh_nkY) mounted in a box on the rear of the bike where you would have a box thing on the back of bikes, again, in something much like what you can see in the hhoconnection’s video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjtSy1f7Ek).

It seems, from what I have read, the optimum plate setup is:
    -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-

What I am unsure of is:
    1: Seal thickness (from what I have read 1/16", 1.5875mm or 1/8", 3.1750mm)
    2: Seal width (1/2in, 12.7mm)
    3: Seal material.
    4: Exposed plate area. How much area do I need? (from what I have read 25 in² or 161.29cm² seems to be common)
    5: What is the optimal operating temperature?
    6: Do I need to alter the jets or whatever is in the bikes Carby? (I have very little mechanical nouce)
    7: How much HHO do I actually need? (1.125 LPM is my calculation based on "In gasoline engines .5 lpm per liter size of engine plus 1 LPM")
    8: I have no idea what the max amp output of my bikes alternator is.
    9: Plate gauge. (18-20 seems the norm?)
    10: 316L SS (also seems the norm. I have struggled to find in New Zealand a basic costing of this material)
    11: Do I need two tags per power plate? Or should I just have one tag?

So this is my basic (not to scale) plate "design" with power terminals. Obviously the neutrals would have no tags.

The second vehicle is a 1990 Subaru Legacy SW. 1800cc engine.

Wade:

Good job on doing your homework! Make your gaskets 1/16" and use Neoprene. Unless you feel comfortable with very strong electrolyte, you will probably need to drop a neutral and go with 5 instead of 6. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but he won't need 1 1/2 lpm of HHO, I'm thinking about 1/4 - 1/2 lpm max. This is the first I'm hearing of "+ 1 lpm". Now if you want to add enough to actually make the idle speed go up then yes it would require more but I have no idea how much. For the exposed plate area use .5 amps for every square inch of exposed plate surface. Here is a video I did to explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlVJdrtbAM

As for amp draw, figure about 15-17 amps per lpm depending on just how efficient your cell is. So, if you go for 1/2 lpm then you will only need about 7-9 amps. I don't know if you will have enough power available or not. You might need to get your stator rewound for more output. As for the "tabs", two is better if you can do it (opposite corners). Everything else you mentioned is correct. I think a 7 plate cell like you described with a current limiting PWM would be a nice little setup for that bike.

hey there Wade
    Is your plan to run you bike with pure hho or to just enrich your fuel..
    and mike im also new and kinda confused about something. i know the most popular cell is -nnnnn+ (7 plates) total to equal 12v accross all, but I believe it was on one of your vids you said that some car batteries accually put out 14v. If this is the case then we would want to ad that extra (N) plate correct?
    thanks I sure could use some more clairification on that

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate the input. The calculation for the amount of gas to produce I got off a myoldyourgold post on one of the HHO forums. He said that that was the formulation he went with when calculating how much HHO he needs to produce.

For the plate config, I went by lhazletons comments from this post.

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton
    (-+-+-)= 13.8 volts per cell. Absolute worst!
    (-N+N-)= 6.9 volts per cell. Terrible!
    (-NNN+NNN-)= 3.45 volts per cell. Total steam machine.
    (-NNNN+NNNN-)= 2.76 volts per cell. Still way too high.
    (-NNNNN+NNNNN-) = 2.3 volts per cell. Some use this, but it can create steam instead of Hydroxy.
    (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-) = 1.97 volts per cell. Optimum setup! Makes more gas at a lower amperage.

I am also still a little unsure of how big the inlet and outlet ports need to be. I have read that the inlet should be 1/2 the size of the outlet.

reggaerican: I just plan to add it into the air intake to make the exisiting petrol go bang a little better

nice, I have a friend that is playing around with the idea of hho on his 2005 honda f4i.
    lut us know how it works out..

Nice reggaerican, I would like to see how he goes.

So, I still some queries on hole sizes.

I am thinking of these dimensions:
    Inlet port: 1/2in or 1.27cm diameter
    Outlet port: 1/4in or 1.905cm diameter
    Flow ports (on the n plates): 1/2in or 1.27cm diameter.
    Outlet slot (on the n plates): 1/2in or 1.27cm high by 6.57in or 16.7cm wide

I am really not sure about these sizes, so any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Plate size is 22.68cm (8.92in) by 10.24cm (4.03in) (these sizes are subject to change )

Here are my current drawings. You can see from there the holes etc.

Have also been toying with the idea of using a turbo timer to keep the bike/car going for 30 seconds or so after it has been switched of to ensure that all unsued HHO is removed from the system.

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on the hole sizes? Too big? Too small.

Also may round up the width and hight as I hate fractions. So make it up to 23cm x11cm.