Quote Originally Posted by Motocross View Post
Shane,

Great design. I just started a few months ago and figured out pretty quickly that holes in the plates exposed to the electrolyte really made the cell in-efficient. I built one with external supply for electrolyte and gas out put for each cell and got some great efficiency. However, it leaks and is not a good practical design. I really like what you have done.

With a 7 plate design, each plate having 3" diameter of useable surface area I was able to achieve an efficiency of 2.493 Watts per Liter per Hour and a gas production rate of 0.532 Liters per Minute (13.27 volts, 6 amps)

With a 13 plate design, each plate having 3" diameter of useable surface area I was able to achieve an efficiency of 2.240 Watts per Liter per Hour and a gas production rate of 1.18 Liters per Minute (13.23 volts, 12 amps)

At these voltage levels and current draw there is very little heating at all.

Anyway to get to the point. I think it would be worth the effort to be able to stack a series of 7 plate cells. My data is showing that there is more efficiency in doing so and the gas production is higher as well. I was really surprised by this.

cheers,
Greg
And good observation. Try to flesh out your work to the point more people can reproduce and verify your results.