Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 38mpg and idling issues

Well I feel like a jackass. But this whole experience has been about learning.
    The surging issues were from the map sensor wire. When I took the enhancer out I didn't connect the wires enough and they came loose (but not completely apart) coincidentally on the trip I took right after putting in the EFIE.

I suspect there were fuel injection issues before as well which was an isolated incident that caused the same result.

Simplest things, and I gotta remember that not all instances are connected

But the EFIE was in fact connected properly. I went through the wiring four times. This afternoon I tried it all again just for kicks. Thats when I took that video. I have been speaking with the seller, he is having me send it back to be tested because there is not much else that can be done if it was hooked up correctly.

I did check the electrolyte as well. There is residue in the air intake pipe but it stops before the throttle body so it doesn't even reach the IAC. For that though, I think I asked this before, but I'm on a budget, Would a check valve suffice for preventing the electrolyte from climbing up into there? I'm looking for something simple and inexpensive.

Im not sure if you saw the video in the link but thats the EFIE all hooked up and you can see with my voltmeter than its working fine there. Just the LEDs don't light up. But the wires are all going to the right spot.