Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet cell set up (need help)

Wet cell set up (need help)

Hi all, I'm new to the form and to hho and I'm hooked,its fun to get the brain working on a progect again but I could realy use some help. Ok so what I have is a wet cell my plates are 6"H x 3"W 1/16 apart +nnn-nnn+nnn- I am using 1/8 of a teaspoon of NaOH in about 1 1/2 L of distilled water drawing 6A cold and 10.6A warm I am only getting almost 1/2 a lmp. Should I run my plates -nnnnn+nnnnn- ? I would like to get to 1 lpm,Any advise would be a great help. Thanks

@Jay30, I am also new to the forums but not new to HOD. Most people use -nnnn+nnnn- plate set up. And some use a switching from poss to neg, your cell is suject to surface area vs amps vs volume of gass, so your cell will fit into a efficiency MMW for its size. You did not mention the electronics. Making a plate cell has difficulty due to the current design. What you want to do is build a cell that can hold a little pressure around 20psi. Keep in mind that the bigboys use 3000 psi in the cells. Here is what happens inside, the cell will load-up with bubbles and cause your amps to go down from the continunity of the bubbles. When you ad pressure you get better contact with the plates and your amps will go up so you can turn your power down and stop making steam. Remember water steams at atmosphere pressure easy and boiling is contained under pressure. The second problem is circulation so you need to build this in. You can use the circulation pump as your pressure pump. Think of a carburetor with out a pump it wont work correctly so you must think in the manner of a fuel system no matter what your powering, cooktop, engine, torch, or whatever. Hope this helps point you in the correct direction. David A. Puchta

[QUOTE=Hhydrogen4power;51430]@Jay30, I am also new to the forums but not new to HOD. Most people use -nnnn+nnnn- plate set up. And some use a switching from poss to neg, your cell is suject to surface area vs amps vs volume of gass, so your cell will fit into a efficiency MMW for its size. You did not mention the electronics. Making a plate cell has difficulty due to the current design. What you want to do is build a cell that can hold a little pressure around 20psi. Keep in mind that the bigboys use 3000 psi in the cells. Here is what happens inside, the cell will load-up with bubbles and cause your amps to go down from the continunity of the bubbles. When you ad pressure you get better contact with the plates and your amps will go up so you can turn your power down and stop making steam. Remember water steams at atmosphere pressure easy and boiling is contained under pressure. The second problem is circulation so you need to build this in. You can use the circulation pump as your pressure pump. Think of a carburetor with out a pump it wont work correctly so you must think in the manner of a fuel system no matter what your powering, cooktop, engine, torch, or whatever. Hope this helps point you in the correct direction. David A. Puchta[/QUOTE

instead of recomending some sort of pressure possibility which isnt really possible I think you should recomend him adding more plats to drop the voltage/heat and get a higher MMW a pump doesnt add pressure it just increases surface area being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay30 View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the form and to hho and I'm hooked,its fun to get the brain working on a progect again but I could realy use some help. Ok so what I have is a wet cell my plates are 6"H x 3"W 1/16 apart +nnn-nnn+nnn- I am using 1/8 of a teaspoon of NaOH in about 1 1/2 L of distilled water drawing 6A cold and 10.6A warm I am only getting almost 1/2 a lmp. Should I run my plates -nnnnn+nnnnn- ? I would like to get to 1 lpm,Any advise would be a great help. Thanks
    drop the wet cell and start looking into a more efficient DRY cell with a resevoir and external bubbler. You will have more consistent measurements and a more efficient way of making plenty of HHO. dont attempt to exceed .5lpm per square inch of ONE plate though

Hi Jay30. Depending on what you are using it for, you may not even need any more gas than you are already making.
    For example, if you are putting it into a car you will need about 1/4 the engine rating in HHO. 1L (1000cc) engine will need 250mlpm of HHO. That's not hard to make now is it?

Now, -nnnnn+ in a dry cell is great. It should work for a wet cell too. More gas, less heat, at fewer amps.

Next is your input connection. IF you have a wet cell, then just attach it to a 'T' between the PCV valve and Intake manifold to ensure that the HHO gets sucked in to the engine at a pace which it needs it. Use a 1/8" vacuum hose of good length with a way to control the vacuum coming through it so as not have the engine suck in the water from your bubbler/scrubber.

You did not state your car type, or any other specs, but you should see results from such a setup.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thanks for all the input I'm going to try some of this on the weekend. Since I am going to take it apart again should I sand blast and seal the edges of my plates? As for my aplication I am using it on a 1987 blazer 4.3 L v6. And yes I do plan on eventually going to a dry cell but for my first one I'm just trying to get the wet cell fine tuned to what I'm looking for then take that info and put it into a dry cell. Thanks again for the help u guys are all very helpfully.

1987... great! You may not need to worry about the electronic part of things! Just start out with the connection setting I told you about and you should see a difference. If the vehicle is carbed, then you will have to lean out the air fuel ratio to see more gains -but that's after you confirm that you can get some basic effects -power boost, mileage gains, etc. Your wet cell will not cut it for the long-term app though, since you need about 1.12LPM to get the smiles going.

Ok sounds good I will re route my line as you said, I have it running into the air cleaner right now. It is throtelbody not carb but im still hoping i can avoid the electronics part of it.And so far at 1/2 lpm I am not seeing any improvement other than a cleaner idle. So do you think I should sand blast and seal the edges of my plates or is that a waste of time? And as for plates -nnnnn+ or -nnnnn+nnnnn- which would produce better? Thanks again for your time and help everone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay30 View Post
    The best hho are not from plates, but from cylinder tubes...
    Just Google and write "Stan Meyer"
    Use KOH instead of any other e+
    hho from stainless steel tubes and "plain water" runs at 1 amp, cold, and produce more hho

plates are more commercial.
    See my video on Youtube
    on the search bar write "hho with magnets", or hho without magnets
    see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by jim131 View Post
    The best hho are not from plates, but from cylinder tubes...
    Just Google and write "Stan Meyer"
    Use KOH instead of any other e+
    hho from stainless steel tubes and "plain water" runs at 1 amp, cold, and produce more hho

plates are more commercial.
    See my video on Youtube
    on the search bar write "hho with magnets", or hho without magnets
    see the difference
    why would you use KOH over NaOH?
    "plain water" is wrong. distilled ONLY!!!
    plates offer more uniformity than tubes, no?