Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with EFIE and Fuel Trim

Help with EFIE and Fuel Trim

Hi,

I have a strange behavior with my Fuel Trim and I want to know if this is because I inject the wrong amount of gas or my Dual WideBand EFIE is wrong adjusted

Here is my setup

Road Test: 220 km (Go 110 and retourn 110)
    HHO: 7 amp
    Dual WideBand EFIE - Wideband at 9 o'clock (¼ turn) and narrowband at 125 mV

Car without HHO and without EFIE (STOCK)

If I reset the ECU and I have traveled this route, SF1 is between -1 to 2 but it very often to 0 or 1. For its part, the LF1 is -1 to 1 but very very often 0. These values ​​are taken on plane road

Fuel Consumption: 34 MPG us

Car with HHO and EFIE

If I reset the ECU and I have traveled this route, SF1 is between -1 to 5 but it very often to 2 or 3. For its part, the LF1 is +1 to +3 but very very often +2. These values ​​are taken on plane road. When the road becomes a gentle slope and the car must force the SF1 decreases to values ​​up to -5.

Fuel Consumption: 37 MPG us

Observations

During City driving, the SF1 is almost always in negative values ​​and the LF1 is still in negative values ​​(When it comes time to fill up , LF1 is usually to -4)

City Fuel Consumption when stock: 28.7 MPG US
    City Fuel Consumption with HHO and EFIE stock: 25.5 MPG US

If I understood correctly, in this context, Fuel Trim (in response to sensors) tell the ECU to increase the injector pulse duration. Am I to conclude that the oxygen sensor is a surplus of oxygen (low ratio) and they give the order to inject more fuel

What should I do to achieve better fuel economy ?

Thanks in advance
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Quebecker, are you using the off at Idle? This might decrease the problem to some extent. The ratio of HHO to demand for fuel is only correct at one load point. This is a problem for everyone and you must tune for where you do the most driving. If it is 50/50 then you will get better gains half the time but the total average should be better. The new controller should solve this problem.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Yes, it's off at idle with level switch on accelerator but EFIE remain ON even at idle
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

That could be the problem. Because of the delay on that EFIE it might not work as good but try turning it off too. The delay might not be enough to hurt the mileage or the computer. It is worth a try.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Do you have emissions testing or inspections where you are ?
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    Do you have emissions testing or inspections where you are ?
    Hi Madsceintist,

I think so, why ?
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    That could be the problem. Because of the delay on that EFIE it might not work as good but try turning it off too. The delay might not be enough to hurt the mileage or the computer. It is worth a try.
    But during my road test, I'm not in city, I'm on highway (never at idle)

I also noticed something very very strange but the product at all times (stock / with HHO and EFIE)

Generally. my SF1 has reasonable differences (-7 to +8) but my SF2 seems crazy. It goes from -11 (at idle) to +40 .. +80.. +94 when I drive. This may be my ScanGauge II which is problem. I don't know

There is one thing I am certain is that my car uses more fuel than the car other persones that I know

S T O C K CONSUMTION

My father - Civic LX 2004 - Automatic 1.7 liter - 110 000 km
    He drives very very moderately (118 km/hr - 73 MPH )
    Highway: 6.2 l/100km (37.9 MPG US)

My friends - Civic LX 2004 - Manual 1.7 liter - 235 000 km
    He drives hardly (118 km/hr - 73 MPH )
    Highway: 6.1 l/100km (38.6 MPG US)

MY civic EX 2004 (SI in Canada) - Automatic 1.7 V-TEC - 149 500 km
    New WideBand sensor, new O2 sensor, new Timing Belt, new tires
    And I drives very very moderately (110 km/hr - 68 MPH)
    Highway: 6.9 l/100km (34.1 MPG US)

Very Weird
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

Well, just to say if you want really good mileage and aren't worried with the check engine light or have to bother with inspections, you could put everything back to stock, then leave the o2's unplugged(not recommended for legal reasons in the U.S.) and cut out fuel from the pump by limiting the voltage to the pump. Of coarse with the HHO!
    If you produce enough HHO then I would also insert a reducer in the intake tube or filter housing. Such as to reduce by 1/4 to 1/3 your current diameter.

What does this do and Why ???

With no o2's, your computer will have a base setting for fuel usage and use the load and throttle to determine consumption. There for cutting back fuel manually from its source will reduce your fuel consumption! I have found in past running that 5. to 7.5 volts will run everything just fine even with a load. The HHO makes up for the needed missing power to perform and run. You can run more HHO due the fact the o2's can't pick up the oxygen content !!!!!
    The reduction in the tube is so that the added oxygen from the HHO is not increased by the intake!!
    Hail HHO.

Here in Canada (Quebec), the control is only mandatory when selling the vehicle. This is an interesting solution for someone who does not care about the CEL.

By doing so, do you have a rule on the amount of HHO to injected ? Normaly, it's about 1/4 liter per minute for each liter of engine size.

Thanks
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

This is where I'm going to get hacked to pieces...............
    I do not have a lpm figure for you or a guess! I had my cell running full time at idle and at all driving ranges. I would alter the voltage to the pump to find the sweet spot for what the HHO generator was putting out and went with that. The best I achieved with that set up was 129 mpg. It was a lot of work as it was very basic and in experimental stages.
    Hail HHO.