Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAP sensor damage

It could also be a slight air leak. I had a ford probe and nissan 300zx that devolped an intake leak and it gave the same surging and cuting off issues without any engine codes. Not saying its the same thing on yours but there could be a real small air leak somewhere thats not big enough to pop a code but enough to make the car run funny. But if your gonna change the manifold and stuff then that could eliminate the problem because you will be changing all the gaskets just make sure you clean all old gaskets off very thourghly until you have clean shiny parts also check all the vacum hoses for cracks. Clean the throttle body and replace that gasket to.

Yup, I'm doing a thorough clean of everything. Then we'll see if I have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrobinson View Post
    Yup, I'm doing a thorough clean of everything. Then we'll see if I have any issues.
    Look, I've worked on cars long enough to learn one major thing !!!
    USE dealer gaskets when you do the job. After market gaskets have a different composition to them and will shrink under heat or crack under pressure. I promise you I have seen it many times, especially in intake and throttle body gaskets !!! If you have to use a none dealer gasket, use a Victor.
    If there are any true GM or Ford techs on here and many other manufactures will agree that you use what it came with. Do you know how many people use the gaskets that come with the set or will try to fix an exhaust leak by putting a manifold gasket on an older Ford or Chevy ??? They didn't come with them in the first place !!! You create a worse problem by putting one there.
    I know you don't have a Ford or Chevy but it is still relevant that you use a gasket that wont cause an issue in a short period of time or down the road. You will thank me if you do or curse yourself if you don't!
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Ok thanks, Ill remember that when I replace my manifold.