Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help to Identify some engine components ?

Help to Identify some engine components ?

Hi,

Do some would be able to help me identify some components of the engine of my car. 2004 Civic EX 1.7 V-TEC

Part A-B and C ?

Part D ?

Part E ? (I think it's PCV Valve near oil filter)

Thank in advance
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

As you requested.

A: Idle air control valve.
    B: Throttle position sensor.
    C: Purge solenoid.
    D: Crankcase vent return. NOT for the pvc valve, but to return to the air intake between the filter and the throttle body. On this model it has a hose directly to the air baffle that mounts on top of the throttle body!
    E: Yes that is where the pcv valve is.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

I know b is the throtle positioning sensor? Thats the only one i know for sure. The pcv valve should be on top of the engine connected somehow to your valve cover. Thats what i know for sure from what i see not sure about the rest but you can always go to autozone.com and get some onfo about sensor location for your car there. Hope i helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    A: Idle air control valve.
    B: Throttle position sensor.
    C: Purge solenoid.
    D: Crankcase vent return. NOT for the pvc valve, but to return to the air intake between the filter and the throttle body. On this model it has a hose directly to the air baffle that mounts on top of the throttle body!
    E: Yes that is where the pcv valve is.
    Hi Madsceintist

First thank you .... really appreciate

You seem to know this car so I have a question about the pcv valve. On a Hydrocarbon Cracking System forum, the guys say there is an vacuum effect (pressure) at the PCV valve outlet. I checked two times and there is no pressure at the outlet of the pcv valve.

I checked at the point where the tube from the pcv valve heads (intake manifold) and there is an effect of sucsion.

Doest it's possible ?
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

http://beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/stock_pcv.jpg

That should give you what you are looking for.

The blow-by gases are what escape from the piston rings from the combustion process. The swirling effect of the crank and the throwing of oil cause there to be small droplets of oil in the air as well which also are sucked into the intake. As this diagram is more like your car you can see that the air is sucked in the valve cover then through the engine. This IS NOT where you want to put the HHO !!! Use a different vacuum OR go between the pcv valve and the intake. You don't want the HHO to diminish and travel through the crankcase before it reaches the intake, AS well as the risk of detonation in the crankcase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hail HHO.

http://beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/stock_pcv.jpg

That should give you what you are looking for.

The blow-by gases are what escape from the piston rings from the combustion process. The swirling effect of the crank and the throwing of oil cause there to be small droplets of oil in the air as well which also are sucked into the intake. As this diagram is more like your car you can see that the air is sucked in the valve cover then through the engine. This IS NOT where you want to put the HHO !!! Use a different vacuum OR go between the pcv valve and the intake. You don't want the HHO to diminish and travel through the crankcase before it reaches the intake, AS well as the risk of detonation in the crankcase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here is where is my pcv valve

In fact, what I want, it's a place on the car that would allow me to generate pressure in my bubbler HCS

regards
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Here is where is my pcv valve

In fact, what I want, it's a place on the car that would allow me to generate pressure in my bubbler HCS

regards
    What you are not understanding is that that system IS NOT working off of pressure BUT vacuum! Both what you want and what you have ARE the same. The vacuum from the engines intake is what gives the PULL so that YOUR system will work!
    The HCS adjuster is to regulate how much air to by-pass through the HCS system or back to the intake.

Right where the #7 is, is where you would want to tie into you system then back to where it is intended to be attached.
    Hail HHO.

What you are not understanding is that that system IS NOT working off of pressure BUT vacuum! Both what you want and what you have ARE the same. The vacuum from the engines intake is what gives the PULL so that YOUR system will work!
    The HCS adjuster is to regulate how much air to by-pass through the HCS system or back to the intake.

Right where the #7 is, is where you would want to tie into you system then back to where it is intended to be attached.
    Hi Mad,

I need a source that produces the pressure in the bubbler to produce gasoline vapor. How do you claim that a vacuum is pressure source ?

Help please
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Hi Mad,

I need a source that produces the pressure in the bubbler to produce gasoline vapor. How do you claim that a vacuum is pressure source ?

Help please
    It's not the "pressure source"! It's the source of motion for the process. Think of it in this simple way. Blowing or sucking you get movement in a hose or straw or what have you. In this application you really don't want pressure but instead a vacuum. You will get the same amount of vapor either way.

What will help you in this is to understand the size of your components will have a huge difference in your production. Small tubes will give you small production and large tubes will give you more production. You can break up several small tubes instead of large ones to help even further. I'll try to give you a diagram.

Now this diagram would not be using the pcv system at all, but placing it in line of the primary intake tube. This does not replace the use of the throttle, it still works the same. Basically the valve in the middle is a air/fuel meter/adjuster.
    Hail HHO.

Hi Mad,

The upper side (what you write) of you diagram is missing.

Thank, your help is very appreciate
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH