Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help to Identify some engine components ?

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Hi Mad,

The upper side (what you write) of you diagram is missing.

Thank, your help is very appreciate
    That would be a valve to adjust idle, as to obtain a proper air/fuel ratio. With this set-up you have absolutely NO fuel from a pump or any other source. This will run what you want. You only have to adjust the size of the ports according to the needed input-output.

The more you close this valve the more fuel you will take in as vapor (or more vapor you will make), the more you open the valve the less vapor you will make! Very simple and very effective for light load apps.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Hi Madsceintist

First thank you .... really appreciate

You seem to know this car so I have a question about the pcv valve. On a Hydrocarbon Cracking System forum, the guys say there is an vacuum effect (pressure) at the PCV valve outlet. I checked two times and there is no pressure at the outlet of the pcv valve.

I checked at the point where the tube from the pcv valve heads (intake manifold) and there is an effect of sucsion.

Doest it's possible ?
    I know we passed this but [[vacuum effect (pressure)]] are counter active. You don't get any pressure from the pcv valve system unless your engine is worn badly and the piston rings are destroyed or broken, and the pcv system somewhere is stopped up. "IF" you don't have a vacuum at the intake where the valves hose is(intake side), then make sure the port isn't plugged with something. "IF" you have vacuum there and you don't from the pcv valve itself, change the valve. "IF" you still do not have a vacuum to the engine you could have a stopped up baffle that the pcv valve is in, which bolts to the block under the intake! The exploded view of the intake you have is very clear of all you need.
    This is not as far fetched as it sounds but I had a car apart for some time and when I put it back together I could not figure out why I had a continuous code for egr valve solenoid,. Turns out a mud dobber bee had made a nest deep in the vacuum hose and it wasn't getting vacuum to the egr! I used carb cleaner and air to clear it. NO problem.
    Stupid little things sometimes are a huge burden. Over-looking them is sometimes so simple.

Quick, simple test for you. With the engine running, take the oil cap off! Do you get pressure coming out of it? Does the hole suck a piece of paper to it? You should get NEITHER !! A proper running and sealed engine will not do one or the other!
    Now pinch off the air hose from the valve cover to the intake tube! Now do you get a 'vacuum' at the oil cap? You should!
    Let me know !!!!
    Hail HHO.

Hi,

Always on my car, which one of this 2 vaccum is "venturi vaccum" (gentle at idle and increases with engine speed) ?

a) Intake Manifold Vacuum (from pcv valve to intake manifold)

b) Crankcase vent return vacuum (item D of fist page)

Thanks
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Hi,

Always on my car, which one of this 2 vaccum is "venturi vaccum" (gentle at idle and increases with engine speed) ?

a) Intake Manifold Vacuum (from pcv valve to intake manifold)

b) Crankcase vent return vacuum (item D of fist page)

Thanks
    The pcv valve has vacuum at all times, therefore the crankcase has vacuum all the time. The more throttle that you give the engine the less you will have a vacuum on ported lines, but there is always vacuum there. When the throttle is closed the vacuum increases in the intake, so it pulls more on the ported lines, but when you open the throttle, vacuum decreases on the ported lines(This is the reason that the cell set-up from the intake tube is best suited for the application). The vent for the crankcase to receive air is item D of the first page(this is where air goes into the crankcase). On your car there isn't a venturi type of port outside of the pcv port for what you are looking for, the evap port is in near the same spot also, so either could be used. It would not be beneficial to have the HHO go thru the crankcase before reaching the intake, nor is it safe!

This diagram shows you how changing the position of the port changes how much pull you can achieve. Unless you want to go into some serious work to make parts you will have to use what you have. Also it shows the narrowing of the inlet, as does the Cell I showed you in the drawing.

With the primary air-flow going thru the cell, you achieve a constant pull that you can adjust for air/fuel ratio, and your throttle is used just as it was designed for control of engine rpm.
    Hail HHO.

Hi Mad,

Here is a picture of my air filter case (box)

now, without the lid

Question ?

Regards
    Remi
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Yes you do.