Thread: Electrical questions.

Electrical questions.

Hello everyone obviously im new to this and i have been researching for the past week on the various hho systems and history i think i have a good grasp of the obvious that if the system is put together properly it can give great results. Just a little about me i used to own a mechanic shop and build race cars i also worked in a car sterio shop and built custom car speaker setups for car shows as well as remote starts and alarms even for new and exotic cars.the only thing i dont full understand is an automatic transmission but i got a guy for that. Lol jk.

So here are the questions. It seems like the downside to these systems is the power draw needed to create the neccesary hydrogyn to power a car quickly enough. It seems on average that it takes 10 to 15 amps to make 1lpm of hydrogyn. I have a ford expedition (extreamly well taken care of) with a 5.4lpm engine. If i wanted to replace with 100% hho on demand i would need around 60 amps. ( hopfully im correct in thinking this.) and my alternator pushes out 130 amps and on average my truck only uses half of that which gives me an extra 65 amps to play with. Now if this should not be enough i can always upgrade the alternator to a 200amp. Ok on to the actual question. How come people dont hook these things up like a big sterio system i.e. use bigger guage wire, wafer fuses, capacitors and extra batteries and battery isolaters to solve the power draw problem. Question two is on the dry cell setup seems like everyone is using stainless steel and in some cases titanium for conductivity. Why not use hard chrome plated plates or even gold plated plates for better conductivity it shouldnt be to hard to get that i used to work at a plating shop when i was younger and their are kits out there to do the plating yourself.

So a recap
    1. Why not hook up the hho generator like you would hook up a powerful car amp system using bigger guage wire wafer, glass, or even resetable fuses, capacitors, battery isolators, extra battery, and stronger alternator.

2. Use hard chrome plating or gold plating, or just nickel or copper plating or a combination to achive better conductivity.

Sorry for the lengthy story just wanted to make sure i cover everything. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Queamore View Post
    Hello everyone obviously im new to this and i have been researching for the past week on the various hho systems and history i think i have a good grasp of the obvious that if the system is put together properly it can give great results. Just a little about me i used to own a mechanic shop and build race cars i also worked in a car sterio shop and built custom car speaker setups for car shows as well as remote starts and alarms even for new and exotic cars.the only thing i dont full understand is an automatic transmission but i got a guy for that. Lol jk.

So here are the questions. It seems like the downside to these systems is the power draw needed to create the neccesary hydrogyn to power a car quickly enough. It seems on average that it takes 10 to 15 amps to make 1lpm of hydrogyn. I have a ford expedition (extreamly well taken care of) with a 5.4lpm engine. If i wanted to replace with 100% hho on demand i would need around 60 amps. ( hopfully im correct in thinking this.) and my alternator pushes out 130 amps and on average my truck only uses half of that which gives me an extra 65 amps to play with. Now if this should not be enough i can always upgrade the alternator to a 200amp. Ok on to the actual question. How come people dont hook these things up like a big sterio system i.e. use bigger guage wire, wafer fuses, capacitors and extra batteries and battery isolaters to solve the power draw problem. Question two is on the dry cell setup seems like everyone is using stainless steel and in some cases titanium for conductivity. Why not use hard chrome plated plates or even gold plated plates for better conductivity it shouldnt be to hard to get that i used to work at a plating shop when i was younger and their are kits out there to do the plating yourself.

So a recap
    1. Why not hook up the hho generator like you would hook up a powerful car amp system using bigger guage wire wafer, glass, or even resetable fuses, capacitors, battery isolators, extra battery, and stronger alternator.

2. Use hard chrome plating or gold plating, or just nickel or copper plating or a combination to achive better conductivity.

Sorry for the lengthy story just wanted to make sure i cover everything. Thanks in advance
    1 - Some people do already.
    Except the larger alternator, none of those things you mentioned will give you more electrical power, but they can be useful for reducing losses (voltage drop).

2 - I haven't tested it, but those who have report that plated surfaces don't hold up to continued use in an electrolysis cell ... but they could have been wrong.

I choose not to comment on the notion of running a vehicle on 100% HHO for only 60A.

1. Cool so that stuff does help. It will be interesting to see what happens when i try that stuff on my experiment. I have seen 150 to 200 amp alternators at the high performance stores and installed them in trucks using about 20,000 watts of power on their amps for their sterio (just a huge waste of energy and money to me lol)

2. Ok. Maybe that could matter on regular plating chrome or gold. But hard chrome is different and is made to withstand seroius corrosion so that might be a route to go

I understand not commenting. Im sure my numbers and thinking is totaly off. (well at least with the limited technology we have at our disposal) but if its 60 75 or 90 amps with numerous cells i dont care as long as i dont have to put $100 to $120 in the tank of my expedition twice a month or more i will be happy.

Plating of any kind will be very UN-useful. The electrolysis will and does Eat away at the metals in extremely small amounts. Over a period of time especially with plated materials it will "eat" quicker.
    Think of this; How do they plate metals ????
    Electrolysis !!!!
    So what are we doing in the manufacture of HHO ?
    The reverse, as we are not using a metal to coat another with but one with the other. When this process is also so overwhelmed with the chemicals that are used it becomes even more corrosive. Unless you can find that a metal will out last the stainless or base material you will eat off the plating.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Thanks madsci. If plating is a no go. What are the different metals i can use. Im aware of stainles and titanium what else is there. What about alloy metals?

Nickle I hear works well, haven't tried it personally. I'm working on platinum probes right now, to see what I can accomplish. Maybe nothing!

I think you may ask the help of Stevo or Myoldyourgold and some others as HHOconnection. They would do you some good with this question.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.