Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with plates

Quote Originally Posted by j1walters View Post
    What's the reason for the barbs on the endplates like you have instead of putting them on the sides?
    Just to make the reactor as thin as possible, my vehicles are very short on room and this provides me a smooth side for mounting bolts/straps without having to worry about the connections.

Holes

If the input hole is suppose to be half the size or less than of the exit port, how big are the holes you have going out(gas) of the end plate?

If the input hole is suppose to be half the size or less than of the exit port, how big are the holes you have going out(gas) of the end plate?
    twice the size, duh

ha

just wondering because his pictures don't look like it.

You're correct that i'm using the same fittings for inlet and outlet, i just have twice as many. And as these endplates aren't finished yet I will be drilling out larger areas in the endplate for the gas to escape into before going up the outlet holes.

And if this doesn't work as well as I hoped I'll simply take it apart and try bigger holes. I'm only looking at making 1 LPM at most from each stack so I don't need to large of fittings.

An effective method of stripping all metal types, Plastic Media Blasting removes all or a portion of a cured powder coating from the surface of a part without causing damage. This article compares Plastic Media Blasting with several other stripping methods for powder coating, environmental considerations, as well as blasting equipment and costs.