Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toyota Diesel Prado Costa RIca O2 help?

So I am all installed and ready to start logging my kilometers.
    I am using an 11 plate cell from hho2u.com , I am running an ogo 30amp pwm and find I am drawing roughly 18-20 amps with a 3oz koh to 34oz distilled water mix. (with pwm cranked all the way up)
    I have installed a dry scrubber with a moisture trap directly after the res. and then a one way valve that i found from a yoga ball pump that fits the 3/8 tubing perfect, this I am hoping will keep any water from my next bubbler out of the koh res, as i found with out this check valve my bubbler water was going back up the line toward the res when the car was off.
    I am going to be constantly checking my bubbler for koh contamination as my engine has an aluminum head and i cant afford to eat it up with koh.
    I have read other threads about a 2nd bubbler with distilled and vinegar but it seems there are mixed opinions of that and figured i would try the dry scrub then the bubbler first. I also added a few drops of anti foam spa stuff to stop the foam and it works.
    I am going to log driving and see what i get ...hopefully i dont have to trick out the ECU but we will see
    Any input appriciated!!

No results

Well after running my setup for the last full tank of fuel i have exactly the same fuel economy...
    I am going to try the MAP setup and see what happens from there

Dealing with just the MAP alone might not be the answer. It is possible that it will help by limiting the amount of fuel to match the amount of HHO you are injecting to your average driving but you might be injecting to much and in that case you will make it worse. I would suggest you adjust the HHO to match the fuel you are injecting stock first. If there is no gain and no difference in performance then the HHO you are injecting is either to much or to little. Do you feel any difference in performance? It is easier to reduce the volume of HHO you are injecting thus using less HP to generate it so would suggest you start there first. When adjusting the MAP to lean out the fuel it usually requires larger quantities of HHO to make things work properly that might be difficult for you to do efficienty.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

You have to keep in mind that your reactor has 4 neutrals per stack. That, from the get go, makes it less efficient than 5 or 6 neutrals.

How much HHO are you producing at 18-20 Amps ?

I think you should rather focus on improving the efficiency of the reactor. If you're running inefficient, no matter how much you try to adjust your electronics, the reactor's inefficiency will pull you backwards.

If I were you, I would dismember the reactor in order to properly clean the plates. I would even go all the way to insulating all the holes with Weld-On ( if the plates have been sandblasted, if not, I'd sandblast them first ). Then I would make a 1 stack reactor with 6 neutrals ( that means 8 plates in total ), instead of what you have, 2 stacks with 4 neutrals each.

Then I would condition the reactor. That means running it at low current for a few days, or how long it is necessary. I'd want to get rid of all the contaminants until the solution is clear.

It may sound like a long, tedious work, but it's necessary if you want an efficient reactor. Unfortunately, suppliers on the internet don't take all these essential steps to make efficient reactors.

Good luck

Well stated Whear. This is why I asked if he felt any difference in the performance. Efficiency is key when there is no gain at all or to maximize the gain. 4 neutrals just does not cut it but are sold all over the place. Lots more one could say about the efficiency of that particular reactor too. The bottom line is a ratio of Fuel to HHO to HP required to make the HHO. When you get that in perfect balance you get the best gains. To find that point is not that easy though and can be achieved in many different ways with varying results.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

This . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Costahho View Post
    Well after running my setup for the last full tank of fuel i have exactly the same fuel economy...
    I am going to try the MAP setup and see what happens from there
    This is the unfortunate truth about HHO at this time. It is a CRUDE add on technology. That is why there is such variability in performance. But, you can keep learning and working at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Costahho View Post
    So I am all installed and ready to start logging my kilometers.
    I am using an 11 plate cell from hho2u.com , I am running an ogo 30amp pwm and find I am drawing roughly 18-20 amps with a 3oz koh to 34oz distilled water mix. (with pwm cranked all the way up)
    I have installed a dry scrubber with a moisture trap directly after the res. and then a one way valve that i found from a yoga ball pump that fits the 3/8 tubing perfect, this I am hoping will keep any water from my next bubbler out of the koh res, as i found with out this check valve my bubbler water was going back up the line toward the res when the car was off.
    I am going to be constantly checking my bubbler for koh contamination as my engine has an aluminum head and i cant afford to eat it up with koh.
    I have read other threads about a 2nd bubbler with distilled and vinegar but it seems there are mixed opinions of that and figured i would try the dry scrub then the bubbler first. I also added a few drops of anti foam spa stuff to stop the foam and it works.
    I am going to log driving and see what i get ...hopefully i dont have to trick out the ECU but we will see
    Any input appriciated!!
    I hope you did not pay a lot of money for those units, as stated you need to take them apart and re-configure them. I am using this configuration with much success: +NNNNN-NNNNN+ . the Neg does not have any holes, with 6 gal reservior. I've been testing a unit with a larger capacity resevoir, for some reason which I cannot explain but someone in here smarter than I can. it is producing better and more HHO. My 2012 3500 Ram was getting 17.8 mpg during my to and from work (a lot of stop and go 45 mph), now it is getting 21.4mpg after I switched from dual reservior (2.5 gal capacity) to a one reservoir to a 6 gal capacity. Oh yeah, it is in a truck toolbox shielded from the heat.

One more thing, those units you have I tested years ago. Now I use the plates to make washers/bracket for my installs.

How has your work progressed Costahho?

No matter what the others are saying, there is still value in your system. Keep at it.

I read this post from top to bottom. Very useful before getting on with an installation and cutting wires...

I am about to fix an HHO generator to my 1Kz-TE Toyota Prado. I got the plates platinum coated as well. Reading this made me wonder whether it is a worthwhile change? I am getting about 7-8Km/l on city and 10 on highway at the moment.

What were the results after the installation?

The supplier who shipped it told me to insert the HHO tube before the turbo unit. My engine has a intercooler and I am a bit worried about a gas trap and a backfire of HHO residue.

Can anyone share experience on this?

Thanks