Thread: wet cell help!!

wet cell help!!

I bought plans online for a wet cell. I had most of the stuff laying around at home. The plates are 316L SS x 16. Heavy duty BBQ tongs for + and -.
    I built two of them because I have a 2007 silverado 2500hd classic 6.0 wt so I thought it would help since its a big truck.
    They each hold around 2L of distilled water and koh. I mixed an estimate of 6 gallons with 100g of koh. So I installed all the wiring, the generators are between the grill and radiator. I have a pulse width modulator connected to the generators as well. 90% 10htz.
    I connected all the hoses to my hho meter and got a little less than 1Lpm
    Help me guys what other info do you need from me?
    I would like to get 3lpm

you should stop wasting time with the wet cell and start working on your drycell. Efficiency is the name of the game and you will get better results and waste less time/energy/money. Sorry to sound blunt but wet cells are just not the way to go. Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy75 View Post
    I bought plans online for a wet cell. I had most of the stuff laying around at home. The plates are 316L SS x 16. Heavy duty BBQ tongs for + and -.
    I built two of them because I have a 2007 silverado 2500hd classic 6.0 wt so I thought it would help since its a big truck.
    They each hold around 2L of distilled water and koh. I mixed an estimate of 6 gallons with 100g of koh. So I installed all the wiring, the generators are between the grill and radiator. I have a pulse width modulator connected to the generators as well. 90% 10htz.
    I connected all the hoses to my hho meter and got a little less than 1Lpm
    Help me guys what other info do you need from me?
    I would like to get 3lpm
    What are the currents used to produce your 1 liter per minute gas volume, and how are you measuring this volume?

Well like I said I had wet cell parts lying around my house and I didnt know dry cells were better im just using what I got and trying to make it work
    As soon as I can get my hands on an am meter I'll post it. As for measuring the Lpm im using a cheapy 2L bottle with a 1L bottle inside.
    I got the generators hooked up in parallel if that does anything.
    How would I control the amps going to the cells?

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy75 View Post
    Well like I said I had wet cell parts lying around my house and I didnt know dry cells were better im just using what I got and trying to make it work
    As soon as I can get my hands on an am meter I'll post it. As for measuring the Lpm im using a cheapy 2L bottle with a 1L bottle inside.
    I got the generators hooked up in parallel if that does anything.
    How would I control the amps going to the cells?
    You control the amps with the amount of or % of electrolyte in the distilled water. Wet cells run very hot and don't produce a lot of gas for their size. I would use your pwm to keep the reactors at 15-20 amps max each. I wouldn't push your reactors past the 1 liter a minute mark for each one of them for a while to make sure they can handle the amperage. You don't want to make more steam than hho. Make sure you use a good bubbler as well, there are lots of examples here on this site.

PWM set to 10hz 90% 12V-both cells
    + cable from + post to relay about 2.30 A
    + cable from relay to pwm about 2.30A
    + cable from pwm to first cell 2.30A
    + cable from 1st cell to second cell about 1.07A

Pwm set to 45% 8.3V-both cells
    + cable from post to relay about 3.56A
    + cable from relay to pwm 3.66A
    + cable from pwm to 1st cell 3.56A
    + value from 1st cell to 2nd cell 1.88A

Temperature around the same for both times
    1st cell inside temp 38°c or 99.8°F