Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what about this thing

Here's a little advice for you, Queamore. For your personal, intellectual growth.

Stop pretending you're something else than what you actually are. And cut back on that egocentric attitude. It's harming the most human part of yourself.

And don't forget this: "You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else" - Tyler Durden, Fight Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Queamore View Post
    Your right i am gonna keep reading. Maybe i can get my assistant to read it for me. Lol was the unit a dry cell and after instalation did u notice any difference in driving or how the engine ran or sounds. Any power difference. I have so many questions wish i can just come and see it and ride in it.
    I have been informed by the vehicles owner that the engine is running smoother, pulls better through hills and is doing quite well running at 45 amps. They will be upgrading the alternator soon as a 45 amp load isn't consistant with the OEM setup. It was a dry cell from green fuel h20, I believe it was the dual 19 plate semi-truck setup on their site. Though the plates were conditioned and prepped prior to being installed in the vehicle, they did not come this way from the manufacturer. All of the steps I followed can be found on this site, including bubbler construction and electrical components.

Thanks for the Info havens. Thats pretty much the typical response from people. Better performance can usually lead to better gas mileage. I know on average a 1000 watt car sterio amp will draw on average 30 to 60 amps from the alternator depending on the rms. so 45 amps should not strain the alternator to much. I know the alternator on my year of truck is a 130 amp alternator and most cars decently loaded with options will only use about half that. And can be upgraded to a 200 amp alternator without going crazy with cost. So maybe my goal of running full hho is a possibility. Are they running a pwm and what efie controller are they useing i see there are some very expensive ones and some very cheap ones. I havent heard to many good reports from volo during my research and 200 dollar ones are too expensive. I know there is software to hook your car ecu to a laptop and you have the ability to change settings on the fly is that a fesable option?

Quote Originally Posted by Queamore View Post
    Thanks for the Info havens. Thats pretty much the typical response from people. Better performance can usually lead to better gas mileage. I know on average a 1000 watt car sterio amp will draw on average 30 to 60 amps from the alternator depending on the rms. so 45 amps should not strain the alternator to much. I know the alternator on my year of truck is a 130 amp alternator and most cars decently loaded with options will only use about half that. And can be upgraded to a 200 amp alternator without going crazy with cost. So maybe my goal of running full hho is a possibility. Are they running a pwm and what efie controller are they useing i see there are some very expensive ones and some very cheap ones. I havent heard to many good reports from volo during my research and 200 dollar ones are too expensive. I know there is software to hook your car ecu to a laptop and you have the ability to change settings on the fly is that a fesable option?
    I believe they are hooking up this model. And this is also with the use of an Ultra Gauge monitor.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2012-MOD...4&cmd=ViewItem

The costs do add up, but to get your best results you have to be able to control all the sensors you can so that they continue to talk nice to each other. I have not had any consistent luck with the Volo chips, and i've tried 2 of them. Just remember that if you're going to lean out your engine you have to monitor what is going on. Do your research first and you should be able to lessen your costs of trial and error.