Thread: 240vac Mains HHO diagram

240vac Mains HHO diagram

Hi all again.
    Some of you might remember last year i was going to build a 240v mains HHO carbon Cleaner and i now finally gathered together whats needed from all the helpful guys who gave me lots of help and information. I also just managed to gather some money together as this project would probably cost me in the region of $1500.

Here,i have attached a Link below to the diagram of the unit i'm going to build but still need little help before i start purchasing the components. Would anybody kind enough to advice me that each component is capable of handling the power stated on each of them. Also, to connect the volt and amp meters, which they will be in DC voltage, as i am converting 240v ac into 260v dc to run the generator. What type of amp and volt meter can i use ?
    Gratefully appreciate your help

http://www.3dxperience.uk8.net

Pdai11,
    I would use at least a 75A DC amp meter and a 300V DC volt meter. I forgot to show a 60A DC fuse between the rectifier and the amp meter. The mist catcher keeps you from injecting lye into your customers engines. Carbon cleaning is greatly enhanced if you can also inject a very fine mist of clean (distilled) water into the intake air as well. Take care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello Gus
    Thanks a million for helping out again.
    Just like to ask a few things as i don't understand, why do i need a 75a amp meter as the generator will only be pushing out 10a max ? Where can i get a hold of the mist catcher and drain back reservoir ? Are all the other components in the diagram has enough power/ current to handle ?
    Kind regards
    Michael

Michael,
    120 plates at 10A... I am having a hard time visualizing many (any?) bubbles in that scenario, and I see you going to stronger electrolyte and replacing that motor controller with a 50A or 60A to get enough output to actually "do" anything at all for a customer's engine. That is why the 75A meter. Do you have 200A service to your garage? You will most likely want a dedicated 50A mains breaker in your distribution panel for this.

You never want to bubble your gas through more electrolyte, so a fresh water bubbler/scrubber full of plastic dish scrubbies can be used for initial cleaning between the drain back reservoir and the mist catcher. (I modded your drawing at lunch on the job so I didn't have time to draw that in also, sorry)
    The drain back reservoir you'll make from a 30cm long piece of 100mm PVC pipe, two pipe caps, and three appropriately sized nylon hose barb elbows, one centered in the top cap, one in the middle of the pipe and one centered in the bottom cap. It should be mounted so that its lowest point is higher than the reservoir's highest point.
    The mist catcher is just a 50cm long piece of 50mm PVC with a removable pressure test plug on one end and a PVC cap glued on the other, and has a nylon elbow near each end of the pipe. IN the pipe is an old polyester shirt that has been cut into 4 or 5 pieces, loosely wadded and lightly stuffed into its length. Don't use cotton, and don't use any fabric with too tight of a weave. You should be able to hold it to your lips and easily blow through it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello Gus
    Things starts to get quite complicated to me on each stage but i will definitely take the expert's advice, thanks again

Mike