Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Honda Civic gets 45+ MPG Highway

I estimate that for my 1.8 liter engine (2006 Civic) I needed 0.5 to 0.8 lpm HHO output to feel the boost. I combined this with air constriction after the MAF sensor to get 45+ MPG highway.

Once I install this on my new 2012 Kia Rio SX (just sold this Civic lately) I will get a video of the amp draw.

I also found late 2009 that replacing the cathode with Nickel Alloy (Monel 400) pushes efficiency higher. This design is similar to LENR devices built by Andrea Rossi. Check him out.

Just sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Thanks for the video. I like how the unit looks. It does not look like it is producing a whole lot of HHO, but you do not really need a lot to begin with. Have you ever measured the output on the reactor? Also, I'd like to know that the AMP draw is if you can measure it.
    Thanks.

Indeed, Nickel is one of the best choices available. If not the best.

However, the price can be a downer...

Not too expensive if bought in bulk.

In 2009, I bought bulk quantity which lowered the cost. Example, for one booster, the Platinum-anode costed about $120 and the Nickel alloy (Monel 400) tube cathode costed about $30.

Not sure about current prices though. But if you are a serious experimenter who want real results I suggest to use these metals.

This, combination has performed excellent in real driving conditions. Zero corrosion, too.

A photo of my Platinum-cladded Niobium Anode ...